1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained [TH] Post As User 1.0.7a

A permission to allow admins/moderators to easily post as a different user.

1. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Post As User by Waindigo (version 1.0.0) - A permission to allow admins/moderators to easily post as a different user.

Read more about this resource...

2. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

3. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Daniel 'RTRD' and Jon W like this.
  4. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

I think I "follow you" (understand)

And there wouldn't be any conflict with the two?

5. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

The idea was considered to add that function to the addon but Jon decited to make it as a new addon instead. I have just installed both of the addons and haven't encountered any problem yet.

Jon, could you add an option where we can type the username also? When selecting multiple usergroups it turns into a scrolling contest :D

Adam Howard and Veer like this.
  6. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Another difference... unlike the Login As User add-on, this would allow you to post as a user even if they didn't have permission to post somewhere, as it checks based on your permissions and not the permissions of the user you are posting as.

Adam Howard likes this.
  7. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

yavuz likes this.
  8. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Just what I was looking for, much better with the update Jon. Thank you

caps.png

Jon W likes this.
  9. jauburn

jauburn Well-Known Member

I tried this, but everyone can see the "Post as user" box regardless of whether they have permission.

10. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Confirmed, this is a bug. Will upload a fix shortly.

11. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Waindigo updated Post As User by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.2 released

Read the rest of this update entry...

12. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

13. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Hi Jon, I have " Replace drop-down menu with AutoComplete text input" enabled also the combo addon also installed. But the dropdown wont appear.

It works in the login as user addon though..

14. flash84

flash84 Member

Hey this is a great addon. Thanks!

Here's a tip for anyone using this: When you start a thread as another user, the thread will still show up under your name in the main forum. To refresh this to the user you posted as, go to Tools > Rebuild Cache > Rebuild Forum Information.

15. yavuz

yavuz Well-Known Member

Hi Jon, I have a problem after the latest upgrade. Befor the upgrade when clicking into the emty field, it would open the list of users belonging to the group.

"Replace drop-down menu with AutoComplete text input" is enabled also the combo addon is installed. But the dropdown won't appear.

16. nukedi

nukedi Member

I installed this addon and i can see only one user name, and that is the name of super admin user... Why i cant see other users ?

17. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

On the options page, you need to check the user groups of the members you want to log in as (and not the user groups you want to provide permission to -- since that is done somewhere else). Have you done this?

nukedi likes this.
  18. nukedi

nukedi Member

thx for this info, i just checked and it works great :D

Jon W likes this.
  19. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

20. Daniel 'RTRD'

Daniel 'RTRD' Well-Known Member