[TH] Pin Posts [Deleted]

borbole

borbole submitted a new resource:

Pin Interesting Posts And Display Them - It pins the interesant posts and it displays them in threads

This mod will add the ability to mark a post(s) as interesant. Once a post has been pinned, it will go right at the top of the current post page. i.e. posts will be sorted in the pinned order. And an Interesting Badge will show next to the post.

All posts marked as pinned will show on a thread per thread basis by clicking the Interested Posts link at the thread view.

You can also unpin all posts for a thread by going to the Thread Tools link and clicking the Unpin All Posts link.

Posters...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
It seems I mistakenly thought this would pin the post to the top of every page within the thread. It doesn't and as it only allows you to pin a post to the top of the page it's already on.

@ThemeHouse On review, it's a fair assumption to make. Maybe make this more clear.

Last edited:
It seems I mistakenly thought this would pin the post to the top of every page within the thread. It doesn't and as it only allows you to pin a post to the top of the page it's already on.

@ThemeHouse On review, it's a fair assumption to make. Maybe make this more clear.

I definitely think an option to pin the post to the top of every page in the thread makes quite a bit more sense than how it currently behaves. I'll look into an option for this :)

Of course he didn't, he's from Theme House. They very rarely follow up anything they say.

Try here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/sticky-first-post.3763

Though, note after paying you'll not be given the courtesy of a support reply.

I certainly wouldn't say that's accurate or fair to say. Things are missed, and working off of only the XenForo alert system is nearly impossible. We're a small team, and do everything we can to fix any issues that come up. Creating a ticket will get a response faster than replying to a thread, especially if an alert is viewed but the thread isn't read, or isn't read far enough through for XenForo to mark the thread as read.

Hello,

don't know if this addon is something I'm looking for, so I've some question:

I'm looking for something where a member could pin or stick posts on top of his thread. This should only behave of the thread author himself and in a special forum. And what are with the posts, do they only appear on the top of the thread or are they just there additionally to their normal position in the thread?

So is this possible with this addon?

Regards,
Markus

This is possible with this add-on, also the threads additionally stay in their normal position even when they are pinned. If you are for this to be used in special forums, then you would need to set special user group permissions in that forum category.

One last question: Can you say, what's about XF 2? Sooner or later I'll upgrade to XF2 and so I'd like to know, if there are plans for this addon in XF2 and if a migration with the pinned posted probably will work?

I've never noticed this addon before but it's actually pretty cool and would suit one of our forums very well.

Can this be set to only work in certain threads/forums?

One last question: Can you say, what's about XF 2? Sooner or later I'll upgrade to XF2 and so I'd like to know, if there are plans for this addon in XF2 and if a migration with the pinned posted probably will work?
At this time, we do not have plans on including this add-on in XenForo 2.0. But, maybe in the future we will.

I've never noticed this addon before but it's actually pretty cool and would suit one of our forums very well.

Can this be set to only work in certain threads/forums?
As said to @Sukrams, "If you are for this to be used in special forums, then you would need to set special user group permissions in that forum category."

Top Bottom