1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained [TH] PayPal Sandbox by ThemeHouse 1.0.1

Turns on PayPal Sandbox mode for testing that your account upgrades work.

1. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

PayPal Sandbox by Waindigo - Turns on PayPal Sandbox mode for testing that your account upgrades work.

Read more about this resource...

2. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

3. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

@Moshe1010 you can login with your PayPal account at the following URL and create sandbox accounts there:
    https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/applications/accounts

So that you can test properly, you will need to create an account to receive the money and an account to pay the money.

Just like the real PayPal, you will need to set up the account that receives money to send Instant Payment Notifications.

4. Moshe1010

Where can I find the IPN? I just see simulator and if I log-in to my sellers (sandbox) account, I can't find it under seller options like I do when I log-in to my "real" PayPal account.

5. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

I go to My Account > Profile > My Selling Tools > Instant Payment Notifications.

6. Moshe1010

That's my problem. When I go to My Account > Profile, I cant find My Selling Tools:
    http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/2460/profilepaypal.png

This is a Business Account (=Seller Account).

7. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Third link from bottom in the right hand column.

Moshe1010 likes this.
  8. Moshe1010

<Hitting the head on the desk>
    That's sad, I think it's a good time to go to sleep. Thank you for your help!

Jon W likes this.
  9. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

No problem. It does look completely different to the page that I see to be fair.

10. Moshe1010

Maybe it's because I have US Paypal account. I think it's based on location.

11. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

The one I tested on was a US test account, but was one that I set up a while ago. My developer account is a UK one though. Not sure if that makes a difference.

It has certainly put me off writing a guide though. Although the one you linked to seems to cover most things quite well.

12. Moshe1010

Is the main developer page looking the same?
    http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9679/sandboxtestaccountspayp.png

From PayPal's guide, there is no need to open a new business account since it opens one by itself when you log-in for the first time. I kind of gave up because it says my Personal account email/password is wrong when I'm trying to pay.

13. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Yup. Looks the same. You can change passwords easily from that page. That's what I had to do because I couldn't remember my passwords.

14. Moshe1010

Yes, I've changed it 10 times and still not go. Apparently PayPal decided not to work when I need it:
    "We're sorry but something went wrong.Please delete this account and try again."

15. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

16. Autonamus

Autonamus Active Member

Does this addon still work as when I have it enabled they still go to paypal.com when I click a user upgrade.

17. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Have you checked the options for the add-on?

18. Autonamus

Autonamus Active Member

Yes, I have tried both local and paypal, neither work. The site is alos in debug mode.

19. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Any other add-ons installed?

20. Autonamus

Autonamus Active Member

Your User upgrades addon.