[TH] Notifier - with Slack integration [Deleted]

Hey guys, small little thing I wanted to share. Its a free addition for all the forum owners out there. Audentio built https://housecup.gg/ which is a Harry Potter themed points awarding system. You do not need to be a HP site to enjoy this, just have friends/coworkers/teammates/members that love HP :p Works with Slack and Discord currently.

For the "New user has registered" notification, what information is sent in the notification? I am asking because I would like the email address of the new user to be sent in the notification along with the username.

I could not find anything in official documentation about this.

Thank you

Thank you Jake for the prompt response. How easy is it to edit the code to include the email address in the notification ?

Is it something I can quickly do ? If yes, would you please me know how to accomplish this?

I've just double checked into this, apparently there is not a handler for user registrations, just the following:

• Threads
  • XFMG Albums
  • XFMG Media
  • XFMG Ratings (Album and Media Item I believe)
  • XFRM Resources
  • XFRM Ratings
  • XFRM Resource Updates

We've been experiencing a bug with the Notifier when using Discord, whereby ' is rendered on either side of the title for a report, presumably as a result of an error in parsing apostrophes.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 9.38.00 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 9.38.00 PM.webp
    19.4 KB · Views: 9
Unrelatedly, it would be great if Notifier could be configured to send notifications when a new account or post is added to the approval queue, as well – we are (as you might expect) primarily using it as a tool to keep mods up-to-date within Discord.

We've been experiencing a bug with the Notifier when using Discord, whereby ' is rendered on either side of the title for a report, presumably as a result of an error in parsing apostrophes.
That is quite weird, I'll get an issue created on this.

Unrelatedly, it would be great if Notifier could be configured to send notifications when a new account or post is added to the approval queue, as well – we are (as you might expect) primarily using it as a tool to keep mods up-to-date within Discord.
Some good ideas here! It would be even better for Slack as well. I'll get these added to our issue tracker as enhancements.

I'm understanding this correctly, this gives staff the ability to monitor specific user actions across the site. If this is as flexible as it appears, all I can say is wow. We don't use Slack/Discord/Mattermost. Any chance you might add a XenForo page with these notifications?

If you wanted to take it further, the ability to choose to combine or separate specific action notification rules into blocks on a single page would be amazing. For example, say you had a rule for deleted posts, and a rule for deleted threads, you could combine both of those into a short/wide block on the page containing notices for "deleted content". Below that you might have another block with notices for "negative reactions". Taking it even further, permissions could be set on a per block/per rule basis to exclude moderators from certain blocks/rules. Feel free to message me if you want more clarification.

If you did this I'm pretty sure this would be an essential addon for any big board admin (and I'd pay more than $35 for it!).

I'm understanding this correctly, this gives staff the ability to monitor specific user actions across the site. If this is as flexible as it appears, all I can say is wow. We don't use Slack/Discord/Mattermost. Any chance you might add a XenForo page with these notifications?

If you wanted to take it further, the ability to choose to combine or separate specific action notification rules into blocks on a single page would be amazing. For example, say you had a rule for deleted posts, and a rule for deleted threads, you could combine both of those into a short/wide block on the page containing notices for "deleted content". Below that you might have another block with notices for "negative reactions". Taking it even further, permissions could be set on a per block/per rule basis to exclude moderators from certain blocks/rules. Feel free to message me if you want more clarification.

If you did this I'm pretty sure this would be an essential addon for any big board admin (and I'd pay more than $35 for it!).
Hello @Joe Link! Thank you for the kind suggestions here! Please start a conversation with me as I'd love to hear more about this as I'll then pass this along to our team to see if this is something we'd like to add in :)

I'll double-check with our team and see :)

Is error log notification support still on the table? Looking to upgrade to XF 2.2 now that it's out, from XF 1.5. We currently have an add-on that sends error logs via e-mail, but that's so last century :)

@mattrogowski getting Server error log after upgraded to PHP 8 from 7.4 that causes a PHP 8 incompatibility error.

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Declaration of JoliCode\Slack\Api\Endpoint\ChatPostMessage::transformResponseBody(string $body, int $status, Symfony\Component\Serializer\SerializerInterface $serializer) must be compatible with Jane\OpenApiRuntime\Client\Psr7HttplugEndpointTrait::transformResponseBody(string $body, int $status, Symfony\Component\Serializer\SerializerInterface $serializer, ?string $contentType = null) src/addons/ThemeHouse/Notifier/vendor/jolicode/slack-php-api/generated/Endpoint/ChatPostMessage.php:112

Generated by: Nirjonmela Jul 17, 2021 at 7:08 PM

Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(12) "/inline-mod/"
  ["referrer"] => string(102) "/threads/stud-memes.61314/page-12"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(13) {
    ["target_post_id"] => string(7) "2114926"
    ["message"] => string(2935) "[/QUOTE]
reali bos kmna all part bolo"
    ["author_alert"] => string(1) "1"
    ["author_alert_reason"] => string(0) ""
    ["ids"] => array(5) {
      [0] => string(7) "2114926"
      [1] => string(7) "2114927"
      [2] => string(7) "2114928"
      [3] => string(7) "2114930"
      [4] => string(7) "2114931"
    }
    ["type"] => string(4) "post"
    ["action"] => string(5) "merge"
    ["confirmed"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfRedirect"] => string(102) "/threads/stud-memes.61314/page-12"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(80) "/threads/stud-memes.61314/page-12"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

@mattrogowski getting Server error log after upgraded to PHP 8 from 7.4 that causes a PHP 8 incompatibility error.

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Declaration of JoliCode\Slack\Api\Endpoint\ChatPostMessage::transformResponseBody(string $body, int $status, Symfony\Component\Serializer\SerializerInterface $serializer) must be compatible with Jane\OpenApiRuntime\Client\Psr7HttplugEndpointTrait::transformResponseBody(string $body, int $status, Symfony\Component\Serializer\SerializerInterface $serializer, ?string $contentType = null) src/addons/ThemeHouse/Notifier/vendor/jolicode/slack-php-api/generated/Endpoint/ChatPostMessage.php:112

Generated by: Nirjonmela Jul 17, 2021 at 7:08 PM

Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(12) "/inline-mod/"
  ["referrer"] => string(102) "/threads/stud-memes.61314/page-12"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(13) {
    ["target_post_id"] => string(7) "2114926"
    ["message"] => string(2935) "[/QUOTE]
reali bos kmna all part bolo"
    ["author_alert"] => string(1) "1"
    ["author_alert_reason"] => string(0) ""
    ["ids"] => array(5) {
      [0] => string(7) "2114926"
      [1] => string(7) "2114927"
      [2] => string(7) "2114928"
      [3] => string(7) "2114930"
      [4] => string(7) "2114931"
    }
    ["type"] => string(4) "post"
    ["action"] => string(5) "merge"
    ["confirmed"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfRedirect"] => string(102) "/threads/stud-memes.61314/page-12"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(80) "/threads/stud-memes.61314/page-12"
    ["_xfWithData"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}
Thank you, this is on my radar already. I took a look at it and it needed quite a major upgrade to a 3rd party library, unfortunately it'll be the end of the month before I can address this though.

Top Bottom