[TH] NoForo [Deleted]

I am restoring some forum elements so this cannot be tested at my board for a while, sorry :(

Hmm, seems after turning it off (via Options) then rebuilding master data and uninstalling the add-on, things removed aren't put back.

I might have to do a full reinstall.

It isn't a problem, but it might be worth the changes being reversible somehow.

Hmm, seems after turning it off (via Options) then rebuilding master data and uninstalling the add-on, things removed aren't put back.

I might have to do a full reinstall.

It isn't a problem, but it might be worth the changes being reversible somehow.
Would be useful if you could figure out what isn't reversed. I have reversed several times with no issue.

Ah, well I actually didn't install the latest version.

So maybe it did exist as a bug but you've since fixed?

The odd thing was, the error was manifesting itself when people were registering via Facebook.

I can't replicate your issue with the latest version. Might be worth checking it out, because rebuilding the message_count field is as easy as checking and un-checking the 'Remove Message Counter' checkbox -- no rebuilding of master data required.

sorry to ask, but is this Add-on working "bug-free" ?

what happens to "Search Threads and Posts" ?
http://www.deemit.co.uk/search/?type=post
I haven't updated with a fix for the bug that you previously reported:
at your demo-install, I saw there is still the wording "Forums" when you click onto the icon for the "quick navigation menu" at the breadcrumbs.......

To fix this, simply remove (or change the line that says):
HTML:
<li><a href="{xen:link index}">{xen:phrase forums}</a></li>
from the template quick_navigation_menu.

I am not aware of any other bugs, other than the expected incompatibilities with other add-ons that have been mentioned. If you have a list of add-ons that you are planning to use with NoForo, feel free to post them and I'll be able to suggest which might cause issues.

Could you somehow use this as the front, with say Bob's excellent Showcase Mod, and then have forums over there somewhere... so front end has no forum stuff, but looks and feels like a content driven web site, and then the forums are secondary, on the Nav though but still exist?

Wonderful idea to use Xenforo as the Guts of a site, I have long thought the guys should have developed that a bit further, so you had a core, and then all the cool whizz bang modules including the forums hanging off it.

Why not just have "NoForo" + "Showcase" ?

...and put "Showcase" onto the Homepage.

Why not just have "NoForo" + "Showcase" ?

...and put "Showcase" onto the Homepage.
I have spoken with Kim and this is essentially what she is going to do using the Route Changer to change showcase->index and index->forum

Top Bottom