[TH] Nodes for grid, custom styling, and custom icons

[TH] Nodes for grid, custom styling, and custom icons 1.1.1 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
No, it doesn't actually change icons out of the box itself. It only gives an option to override icons on a per node basis. Our themes also use the fa-question-circle var. I did notice that Nirjonadda had specifically set his "question and answer" node to "fas fa-question" in the add-on if that's what you're looking at. It looks like the reason Flat Awesome doesn't work is because the theme has more specific CSS to target the icon. There's a couple potential edits either @Russ could make, or @Nirjonadda could do to his custom theme.

1. @Russ if you wanted to make a change in the core themes, then I'd suggest instead of adding icon override CSS in xb_forums.less, you can just update the icons in node_list.less to keep uniform with the default theme. However if you you'd prefer keeping default templates unedited, you could also update your selector with to include the custom icon class from the add-on. It would be
Code:
.node--unread:not(.th_node--hasCustomIcon)
. But since this isn't actually a theme issue or add-on issue, but rather just an incompatibility between products, then..

@Nirjonadda you could make the change in your custom theme. In your case I would probably suggest just commenting out the lines in xb_forums.less that change the icon. That's all that would be required. The add-on actually is "working", it's just being overwritten by a bit of simple CSS is all.

Happy to help further if anyone has any questions :)

Thanks! I've taken a slightly different approach which should work. I'm targeting the comments icon specifically now. Additionally, if a user doesn't set an icon then our CSS won't load so it'll revert back to the default XF.

@Nirjonadda this approach should take care of the conflicts with the add-on.

Is there a way to enable the grid styling for a set of subforums?
Yes it was possible at old versions. But somehow this feature is missing now :(

@Ian Hitt , @Dalton Prock , as you may remember I opened a ticket and you confirmed that it is a new bug and will be a fix for it at next releases. When can we have this great feature back ?

Yes it was possible at old versions. But somehow this feature is missing now :(

@Ian Hitt , @Dalton Prock , as you may remember I opened a ticket and you confirmed that it is a new bug and will be a fix for it at next releases. When can we have this great feature back ?
I do remember you mentioning this to me and Ian, an issue was created and is currently viewable here. Our team is currently working on other addons including Nodes.

I do remember you mentioning this to me and Ian, an issue was created and is currently viewable here. Our team is currently working on other addons including Nodes.

Is there any reason why this feature was removed? It honestly makes the forums look bloated and take up space because we cannot put the subforums in a grid, thus making them big blocks instead of side by side.

The issue was closed, so they don't plan to re-implement grids for subforums :(

Last edited:
in which version does this feature exist?
Not sure when we lost this feature but it must be before the version 1.0.7 Patch Level 1.

in which version does this feature exist?

Not sure when we lost this feature but it must be before the version 1.0.7 Patch Level 1.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the feature, I still have grid sub-forums in 1.0.8 Patch Level 1.

I am not able to replicate what you are as I tested both 1.0.7, 1.0.7 PL1, and 1.0.7 PL2 for what you mentioned above. I was never able to replicate the node grid section when editing each node. If you'd like to change the node grid then navigate to Forums -> Node layout and styling -> Default layout and styling. Although I may be missing something please let me know :)
Let me know if it works, because I still have mine.
I’m going to try 1.0.8 Patch Level 1.
I should point out Dalton is also correct. It's not in the individual forum styling, but you have to go to node-layout/default-grid

ThemeHouse updated [TH] Nodes for grid, custom styling, and custom icons with a new update entry:

1.1.0 Patch Level 7 Released

Changes:
  • Fixed an issue that caused "Revert Style" button to not work when using it
  • Fixed an issue that caused duplicate icons to show on the titlebar
  • Fixed an issue that caused sub-forum icons on the drop-down to not sync with custom set read/unread icons
  • Fixed an issue that caused titlebars to center align when node icons are added
  • Fixed an issue that caused custom category, page, and link icons from being used
  • Fixed an issue that caused a notification to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Dalton Prock

Before the latest update, I had two columns on my tablet (viewport 640 X 888) and now I only have one, stretched out node. Is there a way to have two columns again? Thx.

@Dalton Prock

Before the latest update, I had two columns on my tablet (viewport 640 X 888) and now I only have one, stretched out node. Is there a way to have two columns again? Thx.

I have same issue, I tried to tick advanced option, which fixed the option, but then it’s disabeld grid option on forum views .

I have same issue, I tried to tick advanced option, which fixed the option, but then it’s disabeld grid option on forum views .
Ticking the advanced option does shrink the nodes a bit, but not enough to have two columns on a tablet with a 600px width. Because i use images in each node, they now look horrible 😭

Top Bottom