[TH] Nodes for grid, custom styling, and custom icons

[TH] Nodes for grid, custom styling, and custom icons 1.1.1 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
Is it not possible to have a mixture of grid nodes and standard nodes? That is what I was after

It is.

In your AdminCP, go to Forums > Node layout and styling

There's a button for Default Grid Styling in the upper right. Click that to set what most of your forums will be. Expand the Node Grid options, set 1 for 'Maximum columns' for your standard node, or 2-3 for grid nodes. You can also set a background image under Node Styling.

After you save your default, you go back to Forums > Node layout and styling, and set the Node Grid options for the forums you want to be different.

It is.

In your AdminCP, go to Forums > Node layout and styling

There's a button for Default Grid Styling in the upper right. Click that to set what most of your forums will be. Expand the Node Grid options, set 1 for 'Maximum columns' for your standard node, or 2-3 for grid nodes. You can also set a background image under Node Styling.

After you save your default, you go back to Forums > Node layout and styling, and set the Node Grid options for the forums you want to be different.

Thanks for the reply. I think the issue for me is that the single column grid nodes don't look the same as the traditional forum nodes do. They don't give the same level of information and they're a fair bit bigger along with a lot of wasted white space so I'm disappointed that you can't use both for various categories.

Curious if there is a way to allow user option between traditional forum list and this grid layout?

@ThemeHouse do you think my post above is something you can incorporate? Effectively being able to enable/disable grid nodes on an individual category basis?

Thanks
I'll go ahead and add it as a feature suggestion on our issue tracker.
How do I change the icon images?
If you're looking to add different icons to your forum (Font Awesome or Material) then read over this section of our documentation but if you're looking to add your own images then navigate to Appearance -> Style Properties -> Node icons -> Add your own images below. Be sure to have the option "Use images for node icons" enabled when using your own node images.
Curious if there is a way to allow user option between traditional forum list and this grid layout?
This isn't a setting that is offered at this time but you could always use the style chooser? Create two different styles, one with the traditional forum list and one with the grid layout.

I'll go ahead and add it as a feature suggestion on our issue tracker.

If you're looking to add different icons to your forum (Font Awesome or Material) then read over this section of our documentation but if you're looking to add your own images then navigate to Appearance -> Style Properties -> Node icons -> Add your own images below. Be sure to have the option "Use images for node icons" enabled when using your own node images.

This isn't a setting that is offered at this time but you could always use the style chooser? Create two different styles, one with the traditional forum list and one with the grid layout.
im having troubles with this

Hello!

1.) When using a background image for a node, is it possible to have the background image and the background image only faded out until the node is hovered over--and then when hovered over the image fades in?

If yes--where would I insert the CSS for opacity changes? I assume it would be something simple but I am having difficulty applying it or finding where I could apply that in TH nodes. Thanks in advance!

I'd like to apply background color for forum view and thread view only, not forum list. How can I achieve this? Don't mind digging into templates.

Custom icons don't appear in the subforum list, the default icon continues to display there - this is true even if a custom icon is set specifically for that forum.
Could this be rectified?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 19.11.21.webp
    Screen Shot 2019-03-11 at 19.11.21.webp
    41.4 KB · Views: 14
Hello!

1.) When using a background image for a node, is it possible to have the background image and the background image only faded out until the node is hovered over--and then when hovered over the image fades in?

If yes--where would I insert the CSS for opacity changes? I assume it would be something simple but I am having difficulty applying it or finding where I could apply that in TH nodes. Thanks in advance!
To better assist you with something like this, go ahead and create a ticket on our support portal. Someone from our staff will be able to help.
I'd like to apply background color for forum view and thread view only, not forum list. How can I achieve this? Don't mind digging into templates.
Go ahead and create a ticket on our support portal as one of our staff will be able to help you further with this question.
Custom icons don't appear in the subforum list, the default icon continues to display there - this is true even if a custom icon is set specifically for that forum.
Could this be rectified?
We currently have an issue created within our GitHub Issue Tracker but no ETA of when it will be added to [TH] Nodes though.

Latest version has been giving me template errors when i merge PAGE_CONTAINER templates and upgrade themes that probably also do the same thing.
I had to disable this addon to get 2 themes installed/updated and to do multiple template merges.

Latest version has been giving me template errors when i merge PAGE_CONTAINER templates and upgrade themes that probably also do the same thing.
I had to disable this addon to get 2 themes installed/updated and to do multiple template merges.
Go ahead and create a ticket on this so that our team can take a look further.

Is there anyway to have no node icon on the forumhome list? I have been trying a lot of different things and can't really find icons to suit my site (my fault for going too niche haha) and so looking to 'turn them off' simply on the forum home?

Would anyone know if there's something I can add to extra.less to replace "Threads" & "Messages" with Font Awesome icons?
Still wondering about this. Also, it looks like it reads, "138 Sub-forums," if you look at it quickly :ROFLMAO:

Screen Shot 2019-05-12 at 6.06.24 PM.png

Top Bottom