[TH] Nodes for grid, custom styling, and custom icons

[TH] Nodes for grid, custom styling, and custom icons 1.1.1 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
Yes! I was just looking for this on your backend. Well not YOUR backend but your website's backend. LOL :p BTW, you need a sorter for your backend add-on xf1 vs xf2. Hard to scroll down all of them. :)

I cannot get this to work while using XFA Node Icon Tweak. I disable the node addon, and the icons work.

I cannot get this to work while using XFA Node Icon Tweak. I disable the node addon, and the icons work.

I haven't used that add-on, but this does have an option to set node icons, so that similar feature may clash between the two add-ons

This is a fantastic add-on. I have been a TH monthly customer using this add-on today and very happy with their service, themes and add-ons. For first roll out, this add on is working well-a few padding issues but overall excellent.

No actually I wasn't able to figure it out so I disabled icons all together. To my surprise, it looks a lot better/cleaner. Go figure?

I did try both CSS and link address, neither worked. Not sure what is going on with this. I do think that this particular area needs some work and perhaps some easier style properties.

P.S. With the ability to add am image background to the node, node icons seem to been little too messy looking, IMHO. :)

You should just need to add in the class name for the icon, will have a look when I get into the office to be sure it didn’t break somehow :)

Edit: Seems to work fine from my tests.

using fa fa-asterisk (being applied to the category since they are inherited)
Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 8.20.32 AM.webp
Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 8.19.59 AM.webp

If you don't set an icon for both read and unread the one left blank will go back to the style's default

Last edited:
Also worth noting, there is a known bug with the styling feature (background color, background image and text color) with the way we're currently generating the CSS in this version this does not get updated correctly in XenForo's css cache. We already have a fix for this, but we're waiting until a few other things are done for the next release to push that out. A temporary (and very easy) workaround is to just open up EXTRA.less and save it and it'll force the cache to update :)

Jake, can you provide screenshots with what type of data should I enter? (background, colors, etc.) I've tried many kinds of input already, which did not work. I think this information will be useful to many.

P.S. A screenshot with icons helped me, but can I use a customs icons?

Last edited:
So this cant do image icons?

Image icons are not directly supported currently, though it is something that would make sense to add. You can set any class name you'd like, then in your EXTRA.less you can set a background image on the class you input and that should work :)

Jake, can you provide screenshots with what type of data should I enter? (background, colors, etc.) I've tried many kinds of input already, which did not work. I think this information will be useful to many.

This is a known bug that we're currently working on a fix for. If the changes aren't applied just open EXTRA.less and save it and that'll force XenForo's CSS cache to refresh :)

Image icons are not directly supported currently, though it is something that would make sense to add. You can set any class name you'd like, then in your EXTRA.less you can set a background image on the class you input and that should work :)
This dont seem to work either. I am trying to add a icon to a page node.
I just tried a forum node with no luck either. Just blank spaces.
Capture.webp

Top Bottom