[TH] Nodes for grid, custom styling, and custom icons

[TH] Nodes for grid, custom styling, and custom icons 1.1.1 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
ThemeHouse updated [TH] Nodes for grid, custom styling, and custom icons with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.4 Released

Enhancements:
  • Node styling may now be quickly toggled on/off from the node styling page.
  • Node header styling can now separately be deactivated.
  • Changed all color fields to use color input fields with color selector instead of text input fields.

Bugs fixed:
  • Fixed a bug that would cause nodes to flash on mobile.
  • The data registry and template cache have been split up to a per-style cache to prevent data truncation on boards with many styles...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Great job, many thanks.

I have just upgraded from 1.0.3 without losing any custom modification and image url link. After upgrading the addon, I only "Re-build Cache", thats all.(y)

Regarding this:
I noticed on the (UI.X2-)Demo Page, that first the complete node list has to be loaded from the server for the node list to show up. Though I have a fast internet connection, I first see the sidebar and about 0.3 seconds later the node list.
Any chance the node list will once load before the JS is loaded?

I noticed on the (UI.X2-)Demo Page, that first the complete node list has to be loaded from the server for the node list to show up. Though I have a fast internet connection, I first see the sidebar and about 0.3 seconds later the node list.

What's the reason for this? Is there a way around this? Is it just one feature that causes this?
+1, I also wonder the answer.

Regarding this:

+1, I also wonder the answer.

Unfortunately I don't believe this is possible because there are several classes that are added and removed depending on the size of the browser, but tagging @kylerc to confirm

This is essentially what I would like to achieve also, but it seems this is currently not possible?

(ie. I only want grids to be active for one category, and return to default on the rest.)

You should be able to use grid separator nodes to accomplish this, unless I'm misunderstanding

You should be able to use grid separator nodes to accomplish this, unless I'm misunderstanding
I think it is possible you may be misunderstanding - I cannot identify how the grid separator node would achieve this result..

I've attached a mock-up :)

Attachments

• screen2.webp
    screen2.webp
    45.1 KB · Views: 36
Unfortunately I don't believe this is possible because there are several classes that are added and removed depending on the size of the browser, but tagging @kylerc to confirm

If I'm remembering correctly, you should be able to disable the node grid layout to not have the additional load time if it's important enough to reduce that for your site. Unfortunately, when node grid is enabled, the layout calculation happens client side in javascript and we briefly hide the node list before the layout is calculated to prevent the node list visibly jumping around.

Hi guys,

A customer of mine asked me to implement compatibility with your add-on in mine:

So I checked the modification you do on the forum_list template and applied it to my custom forum list layout template around the call to the forum_list/node_list macro.

However, on page load I get the following:

But if I modify browser size or inspect the DOM, it seems the page is getting updated somehow as the layout becomes correct:

Any hints on what I might have done wrong ?

Thanks,
Clément

@XFA The first initialization of the Nodes JS should be happening on the browser's DOMContentLoaded event (or document.ready in jQuery). I'd guess you either need to have your JS run and initialize before that fires or you could fire a resize event manually after your addon has initialized itself to trigger an update of the node grid layout.

@XFA The first initialization of the Nodes JS should be happening on the browser's DOMContentLoaded event (or document.ready in jQuery). I'd guess you either need to have your JS run and initialize before that fires or you could fire a resize event manually after your addon has initialized itself to trigger an update of the node grid layout.

Well I have no custom js as I am using the stock xF tabs feature.
You mean calling a $(window).trigger('resize'); ?

Not sure if a glitch, but i set the icon and they appear if I click on it - but on main area they appear with default icons :(

Top Bottom