[TH] Nodes for grid, custom styling, and custom icons

[TH] Nodes for grid, custom styling, and custom icons 1.1.1 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
Thank you. I think I may purchase this. May I ask another question? -- What does this screen do (attached)? Is it difficult to configure?

3.webp

Thank you. I think I may purchase this. May I ask another question? -- What does this screen do (attached)? Is it difficult to configure?

View attachment 181199
Said menu allows you to enable node styling on different themes while allowing you to change up the image overlay coloring, edit the background selector, text selector, and edit the node body itself. Heads up though that if you purchase UI.X 2 or so you get this add-on for free.

What a wonderful add-on! Really dresses up my site.

Is it possible to not show the chosen background image in thread view and once you're in a thread? (at top of page)

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with this addon nor UI.X, would appreciate some help. A customer is using both an UI.X theme and this addon is installed. Yet in every style the node layout settings are completely empty:
42168341920_5f87ebbd99_o.png
However, there is a template called {name}grid_node_styling.less. It looks pretty auto-generated and contains all the node icon stuff which is being displayed on the customers forum. How's that getting set? Or is that a custom template which does not belong to you?

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with this addon nor UI.X, would appreciate some help. A customer is using both an UI.X theme and this addon is installed. Yet in every style the node layout settings are completely empty:
42168341920_5f87ebbd99_o.png
However, there is a template called {name}grid_node_styling.less. It looks pretty auto-generated and contains all the node icon stuff which is being displayed on the customers forum. How's that getting set? Or is that a custom template which does not belong to you?

There is a “global” option for the styling that everything can inherit from (either called default styling or master - don’t remember off hand, check this :)

Yes, done on all styles including default, still everything's empty. I've checked the base style "Xenith", there is no template called {name}grid_node_styling.less. So possible that it's a custom template?

What’s the {name} portion? I don’t remember exactly what the name of our auto generated template is, but it’s possible they edited it directly so it didn’t get automatically reverted

It's the host part from the url without the domain ending ({name}.com), not the board name or something as far as I can see.

Oh, yeah I'm pretty sure that's not from our addon them, we use something prefixed with thnodes_ just don't remember the full name off hand

Thanks! That template is empty (although .css, not .less) besides the auto-generated comment, so it's definitely a custom template.

Would anyone know if there's something I can add to extra.less to replace "Threads" & "Messages" with Font Awesome icons?

I am having a heck of a time getting images to properly fit both the node container for the forum and then looking right when you click into the actual forum.. the short box to long stretch really does a bad job on the images. @Dalton Prock a future upgrade idea may be to allow people to set a different image for the node container itself AND the actual forum...since the dimensions are so different.

Has anyone had any luck on getting images to size properly and/or in changing the height of the node containers? My images are always cutting something off somewhere which diminishes the polished look this awesome add on gives.

Hi,

There is a bug on your add-on. When you go to :

ACP -> Forums -> Node layout and styling -> Select style.

If you select a new style (Ex : test 2) and then you go on Default grid options, it will choose back the default style.

Top Bottom