[TH] Nodes for grid, custom styling, and custom icons

[TH] Nodes for grid, custom styling, and custom icons 1.1.1 Patch Level 1

No permission to download
Perfect, got it assigned and someone will take a look as soon as they can :)

More information for this issue, Node icon only work after style set to Default and node icon appearing for all styles. Node icon are not work if this style are not forum Default.

To elaborate, when clicking the forum section in the Admin CP, there is no option for Nodes and Styling for me.

@Ian Hitt and @Mike Creuzer I prefer the UI.X 1 look with side by side columns vs the UI.X 2 look. Is there a already made guide on how to make UI.X 2 look like or similar to UI.X with side by side nodes?

Right now if I enable columns and remove the gutter the borders are still off and the rounded borders are also leaving gaps. As well as the category title out on it's own instead of within a box as UI.X 1 did.

Image icons are not directly supported currently, though it is something that would make sense to add. You can set any class name you'd like, then in your EXTRA.less you can set a background image on the class you input and that should work :)

This is a known bug that we're currently working on a fix for. If the changes aren't applied just open EXTRA.less and save it and that'll force XenForo's CSS cache to refresh :)
This did the trick for me. I just named each node icon to what I wanted, and selected the size to fit the position correctly and now my icons display nice :) I just changed some background colors for some alt nodes to give them the right look

This did the trick for me. I just named each node icon to what I wanted, and selected the size to fit the position correctly and now my icons display nice :) I just changed some background colors for some alt nodes to give them the right look
also for sizing I used a size 44px height and 44px width as this is not too big and looks ok. So any size close to these dimensions will work fine :)
This image is an animated gif and the animation works fine too :)

Attachments

• nodespark.webp
    nodespark.webp
    2.8 KB · Views: 29
I went into node layout and styling and added my custom name..my example is ball

nodemisc.webp

I then went into appearance/edit template: extra.less and added this code

Code:
.ball {
background-image: url('https://yourimagelink.png');
background-repeat: no-repeat;
height: 44px;
width: 44px;
}

This worked for me. I am still playing around with the possibilities, but I am sharing this method for those who want their own node icons. This will work, just play around with the size until you are satisfied and best of luck to you :)

Just remember to do this to each node you wish to create a different node icon for.

@Ian Hitt and @Mike Creuzer I prefer the UI.X 1 look with side by side columns vs the UI.X 2 look. Is there a already made guide on how to make UI.X 2 look like or similar to UI.X with side by side nodes?

There is not a guide for this, but there is documentation: https://www.themehouse.com/help/documentation/nodes/setting-up-th-nodes

Do you mean you want side by side categories? Or do you mean you want there to be only columns for nodes? If the latter, you can simple se the default grid columns to be a max of 2 :)

Just to ask, is there an optimum background image size? Can whatever background image we use be resized to whatever space the node takes up?

Just not too sure how to handle this for best effect. :)

Just to ask, is there an optimum background image size? Can whatever background image we use be resized to whatever space the node takes up?

Just not too sure how to handle this for best effect. :)

Yes whatever image you use will be scaled up/down and fit proportionately to fit its container :) The only concern would be making sure the image is large enough for good quality (perhaps 600px wide or so) and a sensible aspect ratio (3:4 2:3, somewhere in that boat.)

Top Bottom