1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[TH] Node Sponsors [Paid] 1.0

Show a sponsor's logo on certain nodes

1. ThemeHouse

ThemeHouse Well-Known Member

2. WoodiE

WoodiE Well-Known Member

@Audentio Design does this offer the ability to show/hide the ads to certain user groups?
  3. Jake B.

Jake B. Well-Known Member

No that is not possible as this isn't really meant to be an advertisement system (If you want control like that it may be best to look at [AD] Monetize - Responsive, fully-featured advertisement manager). It's meant mainly to display a logo of someone that sponsored a specific board. For example, if you own a large car forum and have a board for a specific vendor of parts that pays you to have a node for the discussion of his parts you could put that logo on the node with a link to his site.

This is only one potential use for this. Another would be if you have a car forum, and have a BMW forum you could use this to display the BMW logo with a link to the BMW site.

4. WoodiE

WoodiE Well-Known Member

Absolutely! But in some cases I don't want some logo's to be displayed for certain user groups.

I'll keep looking. Thanks.
  5. Jake B.

Jake B. Well-Known Member

We could build this functionality if you would like to fund it, send me a PM if you would like a quote :)
  6. TheLaw

TheLaw Well-Known Member

Does this show in the node itself or just on a node in the forum home/index?
  7. ThemeHouse

ThemeHouse Well-Known Member

It shows on the node list, not inside the node. Though you could very easily make it show inside the node :)

8. Zachary Ball

Zachary Ball Member

Hey Jake,

I am still waiting to hear back from you from the message I sent you. Anyway you can make a quick modification that allows your sponsor node to work within categories. Currently, it only works within a forum. However, It shouldn't be that hard to make a quick mod to allow it to work with category nodes as well as it is essentially the same thing.