[TH] Node Language Override [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Node Language Override by Waindigo (version 1.0.0) - Override the display language for specific forums.

Description:

This add-on allows you to override the display language of the entire page for certain forums.

Installation:
  • Upload contents of upload folder to root directory, overwriting any existing files.
  • Install addon-Waindigo_NodeLanguage.xml file.
Licence:

Distributed free for non-commercial use only. Please contact Waindigo to licence for commercial use. All copyright notices and references to Waindigo must remain...

Read more about this resource...

After I installed the addon earlier today (havent made any changes in settings), it threw an error:

ErrorException: Undefined index: forum - library/Waindigo/NodeLanguage/ControllerHelper/NodeLanguage.php:12

#0 /home/user/public_html/library/Waindigo/NodeLanguage/ControllerHelper/NodeLanguage.php(12): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/user/pu...', 12, Array)
#1 /home/user/public_html/library/Waindigo/NodeLanguage/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(39): Waindigo_NodeLanguage_ControllerHelper_NodeLanguage->setNodeLanguage(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View))
#2 /home/user/public_html/library/Waindigo/NodeLanguage/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(10): Waindigo_NodeLanguage_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->_processNodeLanguage(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View))
#3 /home/user/public_html/library/EWRporta/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(9): Waindigo_NodeLanguage_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex()
#4 /home/user/public_html/library/ForumWatch/Extend/ControllerPublic/Forum.php(4): EWRporta_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex()
#5 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): ForumWatch_Extend_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex()
#6 /home/user/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /home/user/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}

nothing, started right after i installed the addon. dont know if another user was browsing the forum

Quick question. If I read this correctly, will this allow me to section off a forum into "English", "French", "Spanish", etc. categories, and the mod will allow me to determine the language per category/forum?

Just installed. This addon is not working for me. I am using it with the Social addon of yours. I set the language in the category and no errors are reported. However, when I visit the category it still displays in the default language. Any ideas?

Quick question. If I read this correctly, will this allow me to section off a forum into "English", "French", "Spanish", etc. categories, and the mod will allow me to determine the language per category/forum?
Im reading it the same way.... but I'm also reading another use.

You could have forum sections for books, jobs, classifieds - this will allow you to use more appropriate language in those sections.... for instance, 'post new thread', becomes 'post new job' or 'post new book'. Used in conjunction with @Waindigo's custom fields mod it brings in so much more power for customisation.

Im reading it the same way.... but I'm also reading another use.

You could have forum sections for books, jobs, classifieds - this will allow you to use more appropriate language in those sections.... for instance, 'post new thread', becomes 'post new job' or 'post new book'. Used in conjunction with @Waindigo's custom fields mod it brings in so much more power for customisation.

Exactly. I use social groups for both "social groups" and member "blogs" using this. You simply change the language phrases to what you like. This is simply an amazing addon, as all of Jons addons are.

The only barrier to using it like this is if you also allow for multiple languages. Then it gets quite complicated! But if you only have one language on your site (e.g. English), then this is a great way to use this add-on.

Thanks Waindig, I'm facing a strange issue, once I change the language and click save, the forum return to the default language. its impossible for me to override it.

Top Bottom