[TH] Newest Post First [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Newest Post First by Waindigo (version 1.0.0) - Reverses the order of posts in a thread so that the most recent post is at the top.

Description:

This add-on reverses the order of posts in a thread so that the most recent post is at the top.

The quick reply box is also moved to the top of the thread so that the new reply appears immediately below it when posted on the first page.

Installation:
  • Upload contents of upload folder to root directory, overwriting any existing files.
  • Install addon-Waindigo_NewestPostFirst.xml file.
Licence:

Distributed free...

Read more about this resource...

Hello,

Can you add an option where users can choose between the two formats?
Can't say I wasn't expecting someone to request this, but this was not a requirement of Morgain, who contributed towards the development of this add-on.

As usual, if someone else is willing to contribute towards this (or if I get a couple of small donations for my beer fund) then I am more than happy to add this functionality.

Can't say I wasn't expecting someone to request this, but this was not a requirement of Morgain, who contributed towards the development of this add-on.

As usual, if someone else is willing to contribute towards this (or if I get a couple of small donations for my beer fund) then I am more than happy to add this functionality.

How much would be a worthwhile amount?

What SEO implications would come from this? Or possibly SEO benefits? Would page 1 always appear to search engines as the most up to day now instead of page 2+ like it is now? I'm assuming that the OP is always on top but the newest comments will appear directly below it, correct me if I'm wrong.

What SEO implications would come from this? Or possibly SEO benefits? Would page 1 always appear to search engines as the most up to day now instead of page 2+ like it is now? I'm assuming that the OP is always on top but the newest comments will appear directly below it, correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm not an SEO expert, but if you have any suggestions of how it can be made better for SEO, do let me know. Also the OP is always at the bottom.

Would it be possible to create an addon to where you can select which post in the entire thread is listed as first at all times?

For instance, say I review a movie. It would be cool if I could merge that movie review thread with the older threads I made about that movie (movie previews) so that the first post in the entire thread is the review and every post after that is the rest of the merged thread.

Would it be possible to create an addon to where you can select which post in the entire thread is listed as first at all times?

For instance, say I review a movie. It would be cool if I could merge that movie review thread with the older threads I made about that movie (movie previews) so that the first post in the entire thread is the review and every post after that is the rest of the merged thread.
Yes, this should be very easy. Please PM if you would like to contribute to this.

Is the OP still the first post, or is it the last?

If it's the last, is there any way to lock the OP as being the first post?

One of my user reported a bug that I've confirmed. When the option "Show original post first" is not checked, this first post will not be displayed (as the last post) : it's simply not there. I've tried to play with the sql cmd without success.

One of my user reported a bug that I've confirmed. When the option "Show original post first" is not checked, this first post will not be displayed (as the last post) : it's simply not there. I've tried to play with the sql cmd without success.
Uhoh! You are bug-fixer extraordinaire. If you can't fix it, what chance does a regular bug fixer like me have? Anyway, I'm struggling to replicate the issue. I'm wondering if it is a bug with MySql or something like that? I can't really see why though. The query is really simple.

Would you be able to give me access to your site so that I could do some more investigating?

Top Bottom