[TH] Navigation Manager [Deleted]

Question: What happens to the tabs added by other add-ons?

As an idea: Hide ALL navigation tabs by default (or better make it an "option") and then add any add-on nav tab and link back in manually. Same principle as for "Forums" and "Members" but for all. In one sentence: hide the entire navigation and replace one by one manually. Any good?

As an idea: Hide ALL navigation tabs by default (or better make it an "option") and then add any add-on nav tab and link back in manually. Same principle as for "Forums" and "Members" but for all. In one sentence: hide the entire navigation and replace one by one manually. Any good?

based on the description of the plugin i assumed that this is what it did. i haven't tried the plugin yet though. perhaps a few more screen shots would be helpful.

based on the description of the plugin i assumed that this is what it did. i haven't tried the plugin yet though. perhaps a few more screen shots would be helpful.

We actually don't do anything with any 3rd party add-ons. They'll display exactly as they would without this add-on. We do, however, have the option to turn off the forums and members link and replace them with dropdowns managed by this add-on :)

Jake

So what's the problem with my idea?

Jakes response makes sense because it would be near impossible to control the navigation created by every possible plugin.

The best way to achieve what you want to do would be to go into the options page for any plugin that creates a navigation menu and see if it has an option to turn it off. A lot of them do. Then you could go back to this plugin and recreate the menus however you like.

The only caveat to this is that you couldn't recreate plugin specific menu options such as an alert box showing how many unread articles there, etc.

Does this allows you to change the text to fontawesome icons? I don't it before the text, I want the text to be replaced with FA icons.

I have 8 items in Navbar but would like to show only 4 and rest under upload_2015-12-18_21-46-14.webp

This would be a good feature to have. Any way to make it happen??

This isn't really something we could do with this addon. Xenforo's js handles the overflow

What does this add-on do? I purchased and installed but has same features as free add-ons. For a quality developers like AD, I expected to have advanced functionality.

I just bought the addon. Am curious to know whether others are using it with XF 1.5.4 and how they were able to set up the forums navigation so it appears exactly the same as forums appear generally.

@Mike Creuzer any chance getting this to be compatible with @Chris D's Unread Post Count addon?
There should be no conflict, but you may want to disable the forum tab that it adds in. As in, you may want it to load the default forums tab as that is what add-ons use to reference in template mods. The only downside here is that you won't be able to rearrange the items since they are hardcoded in xenforo's navigation template. And this cannot be helped.

@Mike Creuzer I didn't even notice the navigation choices under the AdminCP Options page. Disabled the Forum menu from the add-on and enable the Forum menu from the Options page and the Unread Post Count is once again showing. Thanks!

Is that whole menu made and designed with your addon ? Even the Featured Threads ?
Then that would be exactly what i am looking for... (y)

Is that whole menu made and designed with your addon ? Even the Featured Threads ?
Then that would be exactly what i am looking for... (y)

featured threads is part of brogan's CTA Featured Threads addon. I used the [AD] Navigation Manager addon to create the link to the featured threads page though.

Top Bottom