[TH] Most Liked Posts [Deleted]

borbole

borbole submitted a new resource:

Most Liked Posts Exposure - It gives more exposure to liked posts.

This mod will give more exposure to liked posts in threads. All liked posts in threads can be found/viewed easily by clicking the Most Liked Posts link at the thread view.

An option to order posts by liked in threads is also available. It can be found at Options->Messages->Likes Order.

To have a clearer idea as to what the mod looks like in action, please check out the attached screenshots.

Thank you for reading this thread :)

Read more about this resource...

ohhhhh now we can let people vote on the best content and new users can get to it faster.

I may try this soon!

Can you show us an example of it working? Your example only shows the first post. We need to see multiple posts to see how it works.

Could this be extended to "most liked threads" so that popular content for the day (or week) appears up top?

I want to do a homepage of the most popular content, but still trying to find a suitable way to do so.

Could this be extended to "most liked threads" so that popular content for the day (or week) appears up top?

I want to do a homepage of the most popular content, but still trying to find a suitable way to do so.

That isn't quite a s simple as it sounds because likes are stored per-post, not per-thread.

Maybe an option to only show the button on threads with > X posts just to reduce clutter a bit on all the other threads?

@arn thanks so much for posting this! I've been wanting something like this for AGES and I'm glad to see it provides the option to toggle back and forth between chronological view and sort-by-like view!

I've been really enjoying this addon, but we've run into a problem: In Google's Search Console we're getting a TON of "Soft 404 Errors" for all the threads that have posts without any likes.

The "Most Liked Posts" link shows up even if no posts are liked.

Is there a way to limit Google from crawling these specific pages? Even better, could we get functionality added so the "Most Liked Posts" link only shows up if the thread has posts with likes? Any other ideas?

I've been really enjoying this addon, but we've run into a problem: In Google's Search Console we're getting a TON of "Soft 404 Errors" for all the threads that have posts without any likes.

The "Most Liked Posts" link shows up even if no posts are liked.

Is there a way to limit Google from crawling these specific pages? Even better, could we get functionality added so the "Most Liked Posts" link only shows up if the thread has posts with likes? Any other ideas?
This has been patched, just download the newest version :)

It looks like the members can toggle this off an on? Is there a way to limit it to one forum, and not allow it to be switched from the Most lIked Sort? My thinking is this could work well for running contests, where at the end of the week, the most liked post (containing the best contest photo) is then the winner since its at the top? Easy for everyone to see.

Hope that makes sense.

It looks like the members can toggle this off an on? Is there a way to limit it to one forum, and not allow it to be switched from the Most lIked Sort? My thinking is this could work well for running contests, where at the end of the week, the most liked post (containing the best contest photo) is then the winner since its at the top? Easy for everyone to see.

Hope that makes sense.
I believe they are not able to, no. As that would relate to how you have the options set up for the add-on. Also, I will add "limit it to one forum" to our GitHub Issue Tracker as a Feature Suggestion so that we can add it in next time we do some updates on this add-on.

I believe they are not able to, no. As that would relate to how you have the options set up for the add-on. Also, I will add "limit it to one forum" to our GitHub Issue Tracker as a Feature Suggestion so that we can add it in next time we do some updates on this add-on.
Thanks Dalton!

I have several Themehouse addons I am running now and look to download a couple more soon. Everyone there has been very helpful, and the one time I had an issue it was solved pretty quickly. So Thanks!

Thanks Dalton!

I have several Themehouse addons I am running now and look to download a couple more soon. Everyone there has been very helpful, and the one time I had an issue it was solved pretty quickly. So Thanks!
Not a problem at all @Jim Fox, always happy to help! Do enjoy the rest of our add-ons and let us know if you need anything else!

Top Bottom