[TH] Monitor Personal Conversations [Deleted]

wang

wang submitted a new resource:

Monitor personal conversations - Monitor personal conversation in you forum to protect your forum against rivals and illegal activity

About this add-on

This add-on is designed to keep an eye on the personal conversations traffic at your forum, in order to protect and guard it against unethical competitors, who might try to steal your members away. And against all kind of illegal or other unethical activities.

Members with the right permissions, which is Monitor personal conversations and can be found under the Conversation Moderator Permissions, will be able to view all personal conversations traffic at...

Read more about this resource...

dear wang sir,

Suggestion:

It would be good if there was a sidebar for recent conversations, so members could see what recent conversations were going on recently

1. sidebar
Capture.webp

Also, in find new post tabs
Capture2.webp

3. it would be good if members could only see the title of the conversations, and not actually read the conversations, unless they have permission, this way everyone in the forum could see what new conversations was happening,
click.webp

wang submitted a new resource:

Monitor personal conversations - Monitor personal conversation in you forum to protect your forum against rivals and illegal activity

You can search personal conversations for certain keywords. The search will list all conversations that contain the keyword search query.

Does this search functionality utilise elasticsearch, when it's installed onto a forum?
Wanting to check if https://xenforo.com/community/threa...t-have-any-recent-content.62862/#post-1033919 will likely be an issue for this add-on too?

dear wang sir,

Suggestion:

It would be good if there was a sidebar for recent conversations, so members could see what recent conversations were going on recently

1. sidebar
View attachment 128070

Also, in find new post tabs
View attachment 128069

3. it would be good if members could only see the title of the conversations, and not actually read the conversations, unless they have permission, this way everyone in the forum could see what new conversations was happening,
View attachment 128071

Thank you for your suggestions sir. But I think that they are outside the scope of this add on, and it defies the purpouse of conversations by making them public for everyone to see. I will not be including those in the add on, but I can develop them for you if you are interested in funding the developement.

Does this search functionality utilise elasticsearch, when it's installed onto a forum?
Wanting to check if https://xenforo.com/community/threa...t-have-any-recent-content.62862/#post-1033919 will likely be an issue for this add-on too?

I do not know because I do not use that add on. Can you please post the link to it, and if it a free add on, I will install it and test it with my add on.

I do not know because I do not use that add on. Can you please post the link to it, and if it a free add on, I will install it and test it with my add on.
That add-on is irrelevant. The link I gave discussed the problem with using xf's extended search (elasticsearch) when searching conversations.
Thus, does this add-on not use extended search (elasticsearch), even if installed on a site, for it's searching of conversations functionality?

That add-on is irrelevant. The link I gave discussed the problem with using xf's extended search (elasticsearch) when searching conversations.
Thus, does this add-on not use extended search (elasticsearch), even if installed on a site, for it's searching of conversations functionality?

This add on does not make use of elasticsearch.

One user who purchased this add on, and used it on a very big forum (millions of posts), with the elastic search installed, said that it worked fine for him. But I had some modification done to the code for him so it could be used on a large forum.

One user who purchased this add on, and used it on a very big forum (millions of posts), with the elastic search installed, said that it worked fine for him. But I had some modification done to the code for him so it could be used on a large forum.
So, the modification works for larger sites now?

NOTE: there is a problem with doing a search, if you enter one search work like "phone" it searches
if you enter two search words like "phone number" it comes up with an error?

upload_2016-6-27_7-1-3.webp

Next:
I can see a member in a conversation,
upload_2016-6-27_6-58-47.webp
I wanted to test the add-on so I check to see the conversation and it did not show the new conversation for that member, just some older conversations?

NOTE: there is a problem with doing a search, if you enter one search work like "phone" it searches
if you enter two search words like "phone number" it comes up with an error?

View attachment 136686

The search keyword must contain one word sir. I will look into that error that you reported when entering 2 words.
Next:
I can see a member in a conversation,
View attachment 136685
I wanted to test the add-on so I check to see the conversation and it did not show the new conversation for that member, just some older conversations?

That does not necessarily mean that that user is sending a conversation. That action on the online list appears when the user is reading their conversations too.

The search keyword must contain one word sir. I will look into that error that you reported when entering 2 words.
that would limit what you are searching for and bring up a lot of not needed conversations. It seems to be a nice add-on but lacking functionality.
will need to check out the other Conversation Monitor add-on on xenforo, I needed to monitor key works like "bank accounts" "phone Number" "your address" "send cash" etc

I wrote a review about it.
The author don't like it and answer with a lie.

I asked you for the info so I could look into it, but the log in info were not sent to me.

The login credentials for my test board was given to him with conversation.
He told me login did not work and ask for login of production board. There it is not installed so makes no sence.
I checked the login i gave him for the test board and it works.
But he never try again. And conversation where not answered anymore.

This was only written to clarify.
I can prove it because the conversation still exist.

The review was only about the behavior. Not about the addon itself.
He is not responsible that there are some issues with the style. And i only want a hint where i have to look for so i can fix it by myself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom