[TH] Monetize [Deleted]

And I'm back, here to clog up your issue tracker.

Would be nice to have an 'application' step for a member to become a vendor. The pricing that companies pay or aren't willing to pay to sponsor the site can be viewed as private information and personally I would like a way for someone to be directed to a "Become a Vendor" page from the sponsor list which contains some text and/or custom fields and upon submission will go into the moderation queue. This would also be a good time to gather the necessary information such as website, company name, node sponsor images, etc. Once approved they would be added to a secondary group which designates them as a vendor and an email/alert sent out notifying them about the upgrades page which they should now be able to view.

This prevents normal members from poking their head in here and looking at the vendor pricing. Sometimes, it is none of their business how much a company is paying.

Additionally, this gives me an opportunity to reject a sponsor. Perhaps I don't like the company's reputation or what they are trying to promote.

I know this is more or less out of scope as this could be done as a stand alone addon, however it would be nice to have sales funnel integration right from the sponsor's page through to the checkout.

enhance.gif

Last edited:
And I'm back, here to clog up your issue tracker.

Would be nice to have an 'application' step for a member to become a vendor. The pricing that companies pay or aren't willing to pay to sponsor the site can be viewed as private information and personally I would like a way for someone to be directed to a "Become a Vendor" page from the sponsor list which contains some text and/or custom fields and upon submission will go into the moderation queue. This would also be a good time to gather the necessary information such as website, company name, node sponsor images, etc. Once approved they would be added to a secondary group which designates them as a vendor and an email/alert sent out notifying them about the upgrades page which they should now be able to view.

This prevents normal members from poking their head in here and looking at the vendor pricing. Sometimes, it is none of their business how much a company is paying.

Additionally, this gives me an opportunity to reject a sponsor. Perhaps I don't like the company's reputation or what they are trying to promote.

I know this is more or less out of scope as this could be done as a stand alone addon, however it would be nice to have sales funnel integration right from the sponsor's page through to the checkout.

View attachment 211746
This isn't something we would put within Monetize as it is really out of scope of the add-ons functionality. But a good suggestion though for a separate add-on.

Can we get the option to have the alert/email sent to a second account when a user upgrade expires for example? I'd like to know when a sponsor's upgrade has expired so I can remove them from the sponsored list, remove them from the node sponsor, and so that I can make any other necessary changes like reaching out to them personally.

Since you have rejected my suggestion to remove them from the sponsor list automatically, I need to be alerted when I need to do this manually. Would be nice to know when they renew their status as well, so we can do all those things manually again. Every month. ;)

Can we get the option to have the alert/email sent to a second account when a user upgrade expires for example? I'd like to know when a sponsor's upgrade has expired so I can remove them from the sponsored list, remove them from the node sponsor, and so that I can make any other necessary changes like reaching out to them personally.

Since you have rejected my suggestion to remove them from the sponsor list automatically, I need to be alerted when I need to do this manually. Would be nice to know when they renew their status as well, so we can do all those things manually again. Every month. ;)
I'll mention this to our developers and see if this is an ideal enhancement for Monetize. If so, we'll get an issue created within our issue tracker.

Thank you for your suggestions :)

Can anyone help with this?

With the custom upgrade page set to replace the account upgrades page, users can no longer see when their current subscription expires.

Is there any way to have it so their current subscription with the date appears on this page?

This has been added to our issue tracker as a feature request. You can view it here.

Any additional thoughts on if this will be pursued? The sales funnel for existing members is very difficult when they are not logged in.

1) Promote the upgrade link, visitor arrives here:
1573522886149.webp

2) There is no way to proceed with the purchase by logging in:
1573522926374.webp

Any choices from this point forward lead to frustration or duplicate accounts.

The alternative is to disable viewing upgrades as a guest. Then the sales funnel becomes difficult if you are NOT registered as this becomes the page you are promoting:
1573523303909.png

Not welcoming, they are probably not going to continue looking. If they click 'Register Now' they are dumped off here:
1573523380035.png

So.... How do I just pay?

The result, no matter which way you set this up, the sales funnel is broken.

My recommendation, when a guest may view the upgrades, allow them the option to proceed with the purchase by logging in.

Last edited:
What's the difference between this and using the built-in user upgrades, and giving those who upgrade to a 'sponsor' role to be able to submit an advertisement using built-in features?

I also have access to an automated affiliate link plugin via @AndyB and his system of like 200 plugins for $35.

In other words, what does this do that couldn't be achieved with built-in features or different plugins?

What's the difference between this and using the built-in user upgrades, and giving those who upgrade to a 'sponsor' role to be able to submit an advertisement using built-in features?

I also have access to an automated affiliate link plugin via @AndyB and his system of like 200 plugins for $35.

In other words, what does this do that couldn't be achieved with built-in features or different plugins?

Many things. Some forums have actual sponsors, companies. This addon allows representing those sponsors in a professional way. That is one of the things it does. The other main thing is it allows customization of the upgrade page, but all of this is already explained. Additionally, themehouse offers demos so I'd recommend checking out the thread in full and your questions will be answered.

Something that would really help add value in my opinion would be a Sponsor rotation for different positions. This could be used to rotate sponsors for specific nodes, or in featured sponsor widgets or other places that banners might normally appear.

Many times I've got multiple sponsors who have a similar focus area but the addon only allows me to feature one company giving them a leg up on the others.

We have decided that the best way to support clients looking to purchase Monetize is to treat it more like we would a project by requiring clients to contact us prior to the purchase. This will enable us to provide a better experience to new customers based on their particular configuration and goals.

Please let us know if you have any questions by creating a ticket here.

Is it possible to limit the maximum number of upgrades displayed per row? I offer monthly and yearly options and would like to push the yearly options to a lower row for example:
1576434169880.webp

If I could limit this to showing 3 upgrades per row then it wouldn't look so odd down below either:
1576434182421.webp

It just seems in consistent in this layout. If you can think of a better way to display similar options billed on different frequencies that would be welcome also.

Reactions: CJ6
ThemeHouse updated [TH] Monetize with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.2 Patch Level 1 released!

Changes:
  • Resolved an issue that would cause free upgrades to receive payment receipts.
  • Resolved an issue that would cause the keyword replacement counter to increase per post even if no replacement took place.
  • Resolved an issue that would prevent custom user upgrade costs to not work if a minimum amount was defined.
  • Resolved a styling issue with the "upgrade is required" message on uix based styles.

Read the rest of this update entry...

• Resolved a styling issue with the "upgrade is required" message on uix based styles.
not fix link
/account/upgrades
not
/account/upgrade

missing S

same issue here, I had to setup redirects to add the s, not sure what the cause is, but making the redirect was easy enough

Top Bottom