[TH] Monetize [Deleted]

ThemeHouse updated [TH] Monetize with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.2 released!

Changes:
  • Added a number of keyword replacement options to fine-tune keyword replacement (match case, match in word and match accented letters).
  • Resolved a number of unknown getters and non-object errors.
  • Added user criteria for user upgrade last updated.
  • Resolved a number of issues with communication criteria.
  • Resolved a couple of permission inheritance issues.
  • Added a "share upgrade link" to allow linking user upgrades externally
  • Added the ability to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I care about two issues:
1. Can their members check the previously upgraded history?
2. Members can track how many days they expire. (Like a countdown timer)

Thank you

A couple questions before buying this:

Where does keyword replacement tool works on:
a- on the post body only
b- or somewhere else as well (resources body, custom fields, etc)

How does it perform the replacement:
a- on the fly, "on-post-load" basis
b- once only "on-post-created" time
c- any other time?

I am trying to measure the performance impact of your keyword replacement tool before installing it.

Thank you!

Where does keyword replacement tool works on:
a- on the post body only
b- or somewhere else as well (resources body, custom fields, etc)

It mainly works on all BB Code content, including signatures, posts, resource descriptions, user about, etc. For as long as they're rendering as BB Code, it'll also work on custom fields, etc.

How does it perform the replacement:
a- on the fly, "on-post-load" basis
b- once only "on-post-created" time
c- any other time?

They're rendered alongside the BB Code rendering process, and are about as efficient as XenForo censoring rules. Unless you were to supply hundreds of them, I wouldn't bother worrying about a noticeable performance impact.

I think this is useful for us to add to documentation, some examples @Dalton Prock @victoriad - should not be confusing to set up
Anybody from the @ThemeHouse crew ever have a chance to come up with some examples? 🤔

Here's a real world example I'd like to get up & running (besides Amazon & eBay of course which would be good to use for examples in the docs)...

Standard URL: https://www.adorama.com/ifjxa7s.html
With Aff ID: https://www.adorama.com/ifjxa7s.html?utm_source=rflaid913946

The "utm_source" is the query param that may or may not already existe in a posted link while "rflaid913946" of course is the param value. If it already exists I'd want to change the value of the param else add it and of course there might be other params present as well.

Anybody else out there using this for aff' codes, could you post an example of an entry that works for you?

Anybody from the @ThemeHouse crew ever have a chance to come up with some examples? 🤔

Here's a real world example I'd like to get up & running (besides Amazon & eBay of course which would be good to use for examples in the docs)...

Standard URL: https://www.adorama.com/ifjxa7s.html
With Aff ID: https://www.adorama.com/ifjxa7s.html?utm_source=rflaid913946

The "utm_source" is the query param that may or may not already existe in a posted link while "rflaid913946" of course is the param value. If it already exists I'd want to change the value of the param else add it and of course there might be other params present as well.

Anybody else out there using this for aff' codes, could you post an example of an entry that works for you?
  • General Options
    • Reference link component replace
      • Query
      • utm_source=rflaid913946
  • Link criteria
    • Domain matches
      • adorama
    • Domain extension matches
      • com

besides Amazon & eBay of course which would be good to use for examples in the docs
I second that suggestion :)

I have tried it with:
  • General Options
    • Reference link component replace
      • Query
      • tag=MYAFFILIATEID
  • Link criteria
    • Domain matches
      • amazon
    • Domain extension matches
      • com

but to no avail, unfortunately. Should already existing links also be adjusted, or just newly posted ones?

Edit:
I have just double-checked this. It works with "regular" amazon links, but not for those ones (yes, I changed the domain accordingly):
Code:
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00AE4T0Q2?aaxitk=baaS44sZdhQReljMnsfoMQ&pd_rd_i=B00AE4T0Q2&pf_rd_p=a92b86c1-89f8-42c4-ac1f-0537edcfc068&hsa_cr_id=4616519840802&sb-ci-n=productDescription&sb-ci-v=Auna%20MIC-900B%20USB%20Kondensator%20Mikrofon%20f%C3%BCr%20Studio-Aufnahmen%20inkl.%20Spinne%20(16mm%20Kapsel%2C%20Nierencharakteristik%2C%20320Hz%20-%2018KHz)%20schwarz

Sooo... An example on how to get this to work would be really appreciated.

Last edited:
I maybe able to help you out some as this is the main reason we use this on our site. What are you trying to achieve?
I just wanted to send an email to the account that has just expired, but it sent incorrectly.

Once configured it will send all previous expired users even if they have already renewed and are available for upgrade.

I maybe able to help you out some as this is the main reason we use this on our site. What are you trying to achieve?
When an upgrade is purchased I want to send a confirmation email to the user. I have set up other emails but I cannot find anything for new upgrade.

When an upgrade is purchased I want to send a confirmation email to the user. I have set up other emails but I cannot find anything for new upgrade.

I did have some custom work done by Themehouse so some maybe different, but if my memory is right none of this was altered. Also make sure your logs settings are correct.

On the “User Upgrade Criteria” page this is how mine is setup,
  • “User Upgrade is Active” is checked
  • “User upgrade last updated is within X days” set to one day
  • “User upgrade is one of the selected upgrades” is set to the upgrade the user needs to purchase in order to get an email.

The affiliate links were broken on my site for the last couple of weeks. Don't forget to separate amazon and 'com' into their separate fields.

I have a feature request:

Revenue Share.

There are many possibilities to stimulate content creation and subscription revenue using a revenue share model. Think patreon.

I have another request:

On the Sponsor list, can we have a link added which says "Sponsor" or "Become a Sponsor" which redirects them to the upgrade page https://www.example.com/account/upgrades?

Additionally, when I send someone there who is not logged in however they DO have an account, this is not an intuitive process if guests are allowed to view the packages. They end up having to register and will get told their account already exists or they might wind up with a duplicate account which is not allowed on most forums.

1570471320695.png

Additionally, if they attempt to use the social media register buttons they get logged in but are then kicked back to the home page. This is not ideal, not to mention it says 'Register' and not "connect or "login".

Reactions: CJ6
I have a feature request:

Revenue Share.

There are many possibilities to stimulate content creation and subscription revenue using a revenue share model. Think patreon.
Apologies for the late reply on this, I've went ahead and added a feature request here.

Hello,
I am a Monetize add-on happy customer ;-).
I would like offering to my new members a coupon giving them a 10% discount on an upgrade.
Is the add-on compliant with this one : https://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/store/dragonbyte-user-upgrade-coupons.401/
Thank you in advance
I am gonna check with our developers on this and get back to you.

I have another request:

On the Sponsor list, can we have a link added which says "Sponsor" or "Become a Sponsor" which redirects them to the upgrade page https://www.example.com/account/upgrades?

Additionally, when I send someone there who is not logged in however they DO have an account, this is not an intuitive process if guests are allowed to view the packages. They end up having to register and will get told their account already exists or they might wind up with a duplicate account which is not allowed on most forums.

View attachment 211693

Additionally, if they attempt to use the social media register buttons they get logged in but are then kicked back to the home page. This is not ideal, not to mention it says 'Register' and not "connect or "login".
This has been added to our issue tracker as a feature request. You can view it here.

Top Bottom