[TH] Monetize [Deleted]

I'm not sure how you expect me to respond to this. If I'm looking at buying a 2020 model car, and it's the first one I'm buying, I sure as heck wouldn't expect the salesman to answer questions by saying it's the same as the prior model year and they sold a bunch of them.

Whomever handles your marketing and posted the release thread, good job to them because at first glance it seems like I would've been able to replace a few different add-ons from different vendors with one comprehensive supported add-on from a single vendor. Seriously, kudos to them because I was close to hitting the 'buy' button. The follow-up sales experience, though, leaves a lot to be desired. At this point I'm just going to bow out & wait till others post to see if I can piece together what this particular add-on can or can't do.
All I would say is that I don't think the two things are comparable, as a 2020 model car would quickly go out of date, while our add-ons will be constantly improved, which was all I was trying to point out.

I'll pass on your feedback to our marketing team. I agree they have done a fantastic job. I'm one of the developers, not part of the marketing team, so I can only apologize if my responses haven't met your expectations.

I just installed this add-on, enabled the sponsor directory and clicked on "Sponsors" in the footer. Then I'm redirected to tld.com/sponsors/ and receive a 404:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested page could not be found.

I just installed this add-on, enabled the sponsor directory and clicked on "Sponsors" in the footer. Then I'm redirected to tld.com/sponsors/ and receive a 404:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
The requested page could not be found.
Have you created any sponsors?

Have you created any sponsors?
I have not, that's why I think this error occurs. But I'd suggest showing a page telling me that "no sponsors have been created yet" or not show the link in the footer at all instead of redirecting to a 404.

I have two suggestions for the Sponsor part of the add-on.

1. It would be nice if we have to chance to set a target for the sponsor link.
2. It would be also nice, if i can set to images, one for sponsor page and one for sponsor nodes. My images are to big for the nodes, but i would like to have bigger images on the sponsor page.

Thanks for that..

Is there a possibility for me to integrate my own solution for the payment processing using API?
As long as it works with User Upgrades then it will work with Monetize. There is nothing specific that you need to do with Monetize but if you need any help just post it in the general XenForo forums as they'd be able to help you with setting up that integration to work with Payment Providers.

Is it smart enough to know not to do a keyword replacement if the word is inside some existing BB codes like code?
Yes.

Looks like the answer to that question is "No" for the 1.0.0 version. :(

Here's the post content in question...
Code:
Just downloaded Luminar for Windows beta from here: [URL="https://macphun.evyy.net/9Lz5E"]Luminar for Windows (beta) is live! Try it free today.[/URL]

I created a keyword replacement for "Luminar" to turn it into a link.

Here's how it looks with the keyword replacement turned off...

... and here's what happens with a keyword replacement for "Luminar" turned on.

From looking at the HTML source, it's doing a replacement even though the word is wrapped by a BB code, in this case an explicit URL, and Chrome renders the inner href tag ignoring the now invalid outer href tag.

On our site we have three donation levels setup, each gets you upgraded to a certain usergroup with a set of "perks" tied to each group. These upgrades never expire. That said, we've got multiple users who wish to purchase the same donation level multiple times as they find value in our forum however it appears using the default account upgrades this isn't possible?? Can anybody think of a way to make it where users can purchase the same non-expired donation level multiple times??

On our site we have three donation levels setup, each gets you upgraded to a certain usergroup with a set of "perks" tied to each group. These upgrades never expire. That said, we've got multiple users who wish to purchase the same donation level multiple times as they find value in our forum however it appears using the default account upgrades this isn't possible?? Can anybody think of a way to make it where users can purchase the same non-expired donation level multiple times??
This is on our list of future features to offer with this add-on but isn't possible to do right now though.

ThemeHouse updated [TH] Monetize with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.1 released

Bugs Fixed:
  • Fixed an issue that causes the options scroller text to be seen outside of the tabs at certain viewport widths
  • Fixed an issue that caused BB code to break when setting snippet length permission to unlimited
  • Fixed an issue that caused an undefined offset error
  • Fixed an issue that causes HTML to not show correctly in the user upgrade description on the user upgrade pages
  • Fixed an issue that caused page criteria to show on the upgrade page overlay on...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom