[TH] Monetize [Deleted]

Can it replace existing affiliate tags if there are any in the URL? Does it work with unfurled URLs? Does it support multiple URL masks per advertiser (eg: the different Amazon type links) or would each link mask need to be added ending up with multiple entries for Amazon (and then multiplied for each regional Amazon TLD)?

Is it smart enough to know not to do a keyword replacement if the word is inside some existing BB codes like code?

What does the automated email content include? Does it mean we can use this to send weekly emails of 'recent threads, recent activity' type messages? Do the users have Opt Out options available to them?

Can it replace existing affiliate tags if there are any in the URL? Does it work with unfurled URLs? Does it support multiple URL masks per advertiser (eg: the different Amazon type links) or would each link mask need to be added ending up with multiple entries for Amazon (and then multiplied for each regional Amazon TLD)?

Is it smart enough to know not to do a keyword replacement if the word is inside some existing BB codes like code?

What does the automated email content include? Does it mean we can use this to send weekly emails of 'recent threads, recent activity' type messages? Do the users have Opt Out options available to them?
Geez. Those are some solid questions, in fact I think you just personally derived our FAQ page questions, once we answer will add those there. Tagging @Lukas W. as I think he wrote this part, and not sure on the specific algorithm so will wait for him to reply.

Can it replace existing affiliate tags if there are any in the URL?
Depends, but I'm hoping to add a bit more support as I know there are some it can't do. Feel free to post some examples.

Does it work with unfurled URLs?
Yes.

Does it support multiple URL masks per advertiser (eg: the different Amazon type links) or would each link mask need to be added ending up with multiple entries for Amazon (and then multiplied for each regional Amazon TLD)?
Depends again, although in theory you should be able to support multiple TLDs.

Yes.

What does the automated email content include? Does it mean we can use this to send weekly emails of 'recent threads, recent activity' type messages?
It's HTML only at the moment, with a few replacement variables (such as name/email address), although this is definitely something that could be added in future.

Do the users have Opt Out options available to them?
There is an option to check for the global opt-out. It's not currently possible to opt-out of individual emails.

@Well, I know @Mike Creuzer mentioned it possibly being included in UI.X Pro as a replacement for Bookmarks and a denuded Reactions, which would make it a great deal. See, Mike, we never forget. 😀

@Well, I know @Mike Creuzer mentioned it possibly being included in UI.X Pro as a replacement for Bookmarks and a denuded Reactions, which would make it a great deal. See, Mike, we never forget. 😀
Haha indeed you are right and this is planned. Unfortunately I have to raise UI.X Pro license costs but this won't affect existing customers other than renewals. I'm not sure when we will get this added to Pro. Tagging @victoriad

Haha indeed you are right and this is planned. Unfortunately I have to raise UI.X Pro license costs but this won't affect existing customers other than renewals. I'm not sure when we will get this added to Pro. Tagging @victoriad
Hmm. Well, maybe offer a price that includes it and one that doesn't? Because it's not something I personally need and I would hate to have to pay significantly more to renew, to get something I probably won't use. Maybe you can add one of your cheaper addons to include in the cheaper UI.X Pro price, to at least replace Bookmarks. Just an idea.

Ah well this wipes out some custom work I had done :( as well as another addon that does part of this. Just bought it, I think this will clean up nicely. Good work.

Last edited:
I may have missed it, but there doesn't appear to be a way to make upgraded user's a sponsor upon upgrade. There should be a connection between certain upgrades or at least certain groups and a sponsorship. I see there is a way to link sponsors to nodes, but there is no connection between Sponsors and upgrades, which seems like an oversight IMO. When the user's upgrade expires, they are no longer a sponsor. Anyone with X user upgrade, list them in the sponsor directory. Sorry for the censoring, but this is generated automatically:

Last edited:
I may have missed it, but there doesn't appear to be a way to make upgraded user's a sponsor upon upgrade. There should be a connection between certain upgrades or at least certain groups and a sponsorship. I see there is a way to link sponsors to nodes, but there is no connection between Sponsors and upgrades, which seems like an oversight IMO. When the user's upgrade expires, they are no longer a sponsor. Anyone with X user upgrade, list them in the sponsor directory. Sorry for the censoring, but this is generated automatically:
View attachment 198187
That page looks like it is from a different Sponsors add-on. Is this the custom work you were referring to?

Affiliate links currently works identically to our XF1 add-on, so anything that worked on that add-on will work on our XF2 add-on.
I don't use the 1.x version of the add-on, I am (or at least was) interested in buying a license for the 2.x version.

Is there somebody else at TH who can answer questions about this product? For a $100 add-on it shouldn't be this difficult to get answers.

I don't use the 1.x version of the add-on, I am (or at least was) interested in buying a license for the 2.x version.

Is there somebody else at TH who can answer questions about this product? For a $100 add-on it shouldn't be this difficult to get answers.
As I said above, feel free to post some real examples if you are concerned. There will no doubt be URLs that won't be supported straight away, so if there are any URLs that you can't figure out from the documentation how you would make them work, please post them and if it doesn't support it now, we can add support for it.

Our priority for the Affiliate Links feature was to have feature parity with the XenForo 1.x version. That version sold 100's of copies, so you can be sure that the coverage will be pretty good. I can think of some made up examples that may not work, although I don't actually have any real world examples to back that up.

That page looks like it is from a different Sponsors add-on. Is this the custom work you were referring to?

Yes. It populated the sponsors page automatically. Being required to add or remove sponsors from this list every single month would be terribly cumbersome for boards with more than just a few.

Yes. It populated the sponsors page automatically. Being required to add or remove sponsors from this list every single month would be terribly cumbersome for boards with more than just a few.
How does that add-on determine who is a sponsor and who isn't?

As I said above, feel free to post some real examples if you are concerned. There will no doubt be URLs that won't be supported straight away, so if there are any URLs that you can't figure out from the documentation how you would make them work, please post them and if it doesn't support it now, we can add support for it.
I already gave an example, perhaps the most requested one when it comes to affiliate URLs... Amazon. And I still don't know the answer to my questions.

Our priority for the Affiliate Links feature was to have feature parity with the XenForo 1.x version. That version sold 100's of copies, so you can be sure that the coverage will be pretty good. I can think of some made up examples that may not work, although I don't actually have any real world examples to back that up.
I'm not sure how you expect me to respond to this. If I'm looking at buying a 2020 model car, and it's the first one I'm buying, I sure as heck wouldn't expect the salesman to answer questions by saying it's the same as the prior model year and they sold a bunch of them.

Whomever handles your marketing and posted the release thread, good job to them because at first glance it seems like I would've been able to replace a few different add-ons from different vendors with one comprehensive supported add-on from a single vendor. Seriously, kudos to them because I was close to hitting the 'buy' button. The follow-up sales experience, though, leaves a lot to be desired. At this point I'm just going to bow out & wait till others post to see if I can piece together what this particular add-on can or can't do.

Top Bottom