[TH] Maximum Guest Views [Deleted]

library/Zend/Http/UserAgent/Bot.php I believe.
Anything to identify visitor can be spoofed. No responsible or mainstream bot tries to spoof/hide itself.

Where ware the "robots" defind and how? useragent? can be spoofed...

I can put the bad robots in htaccess you are right.

I think you're saying that people could change their UserAgent to match up to a Google bot to get past this limitation. While this is true there really isn't much you can do except possibly block useragents that aren't from a valid IP for that bot, but that would be an extreme amount of maintenance to keep those lists updated compared to the amount of people that would go through the trouble of changing their UserAgent and possibly breaking site functionality on other sites.

Instead of showing next blocked page, It will be good if you show some kind of registration popup over the content of next page. (Similar to Quora)

Instead of showing next blocked page, It will be good if you show some kind of registration popup over the content of next page. (Similar to Quora)

@Jake B. pl consider this feature. Looks blank and unappealing the way it is currently.

or

Atleast suggest the workaround.

I need this addon modified i want each IP address gets 5 mins of free viewing of my website, than a register over lay triggers and will always be there on that IP address unless they proxy or sign up

Can this addon still distinguish between bots and browsers? That seems to be rather difficult now.

Can this addon still distinguish between bots and browsers? That seems to be rather difficult now.

It's using XenForo's built in methods for determing whether a session is a user or a bot, the same one used for the user online counters

Has there been any updates to this besides the namechange since when Waindigo sold it to you guys? Pretty sure it was free before.

Top Bottom