[TH] Mandatory Fields [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Mandatory Fields by Waindigo - Forces members to fill in the fields your site requires.

This add-on gives you the ability to force your members profiles to have the information you require:
  • Members directed to easy to complete form with only the required fields present;
  • Creating a new mandatory custom user field will force all users to enter this upon there next log-in;
  • Includes options to include core fields,...

Read more about this resource...

I installed but I am missing the options in the upper right hand corner to add mandatory fields. I already have one present before addon installed. What should I do?
By add mandatory fields are you referring to adding a custom field and ticking 'Field is required', this is what the add-on will check for with regards your custom fields? No changes have been made in the ACP.
MandFields3.webp

Hmm not working for me.. I was able to register a dummy account and post away with no indication of requiring a location.. Although when i logged into an older dummy account i was immediately prompted to enter my location..
Capture_04112014_151453.webp
Hmm now its working.. I disabled a plugin i suspect may be conflicting.. Will report back.. In the meantime i noticed logging out isnt even possible without entering mandatory fields.

Bla I dunno its working now..
Although i would have expected it to require a location before it allowed me to post? Im guessing this runs on a cron and only requires the mandatory fields after the cron runs, regardless of whether the member is newly registered or an established forum member.. I would not have noticed but i noticed a new member registered to my forum last night but had not set a location.. I was hoping this would be required at registration.. Maybe i just need a fresh Monster Energy to think clearly..

Last edited:
You know its totally possible im just losing my mind.. However it also seems to have a bug where removing the mandatory field from the User CP seems to negate the parameters of the plugin?

Bla I dunno its working now..
Although i would have expected it to require a location before it allowed me to post? Im guessing this runs on a cron and only requires the mandatory fields after the cron runs, regardless of whether the member is newly registered or an established forum member.
This is how it works, to reduce workload for your server it will generally cause a member to be prompted on their second login unless the they stay active until the cron runs.
I would not have noticed but i noticed a new member registered to my forum last night but had not set a location.. I was hoping this would be required at registration.. Maybe i just need a fresh Monster Energy to think clearly..
Custom Fields have the option to be required during registration, the regular fields including Location don't. I added them into this add-on for that reason :P
You know its totally possible im just losing my mind.. However it also seems to have a bug where removing the mandatory field from the User CP seems to negate the parameters of the plugin?
I'm pretty sure this shouldn't be the case, it shouldn't matter how the data is removed the check is for
Code:
NULL||''
during testing I was deleting directly from the db in most cases and it worked. If you can replicate this once juiced up on Monster let me know!

Ok that would explain the randomness and other behaviors.. Thanks for the explanation, which seems to have answered all my issues..

How about this one?
Capture_04112014_172917.webp Capture_04112014_173748.webp
The transparency in the alerts may very well be my own styling issues but its only effected when prompted to input a mandatory field..

Ok that would explain the randomness and other behaviors.. Thanks for the explanation, which seems to have answered all my issues..

The transparency in the alerts may very well be my own styling issues but its only effected when prompted to input a mandatory field..
Haha, yeah I noticed this to, it's just how it works. The transparency is your styling but the page being displayed in there is the add-on. What is happening is that every page the user tries to load gets redirected to the 'mandatory_fields' form, if you look carefully you will see it is that page. Technically speaking you can fill the form in there to...lol

it doesnt work for pre existing mandatory fields, it doesnt even show pre existing fields in addon options

it doesnt work for pre existing mandatory fields, it doesnt even show pre existing fields in addon options
This is not how the add-on works. It utilises the existing ability to set a custom field as required.

This is not how the add-on works. It utilises the existing ability to set a custom field as required.

yes, i installed the addon while having already 5 profile fields which are set as required but they dont show in addon options in order to enable them

Have you followed all of these steps:

1. Add-on is active, including the cron entry.
2. You have used the user account in question for testing.
3. You have waited two hours to ensure the cron entry has run.
4. Ticked the box shown below for all the custom fields in question.
mand.webp

Top Bottom