1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained [TH] Mandatory Fields by ThemeHouse 1.0.2a

Forces members to fill in the fields your site requires.

1. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Mandatory Fields by Waindigo - Forces members to fill in the fields your site requires.

Read more about this resource...

2. kingston

kingston Well-Known Member

I installed but I am missing the options in the upper right hand corner to add mandatory fields. I already have one present before addon installed. What should I do?

3. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

By add mandatory fields are you referring to adding a custom field and ticking 'Field is required', this is what the add-on will check for with regards your custom fields? No changes have been made in the ACP.
    MandFields3.png

iTuN3r likes this.
  4. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

Awesome bud ! Thanks for doing this addon .

5. Rob

Rob Well-Known Member

Yet another 'should be in the core' add on from waindigo done perfectly as if it were native :)

Ferdinand and TBDragon like this.
  6. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Beautiful timing..

Rob likes this.
  7. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Hmm not working for me.. I was able to register a dummy account and post away with no indication of requiring a location.. Although when i logged into an older dummy account i was immediately prompted to enter my location..
    Capture_04112014_151453.jpg
    Hmm now its working.. I disabled a plugin i suspect may be conflicting.. Will report back.. In the meantime i noticed logging out isnt even possible without entering mandatory fields.

Bla I dunno its working now..
    Although i would have expected it to require a location before it allowed me to post? Im guessing this runs on a cron and only requires the mandatory fields after the cron runs, regardless of whether the member is newly registered or an established forum member.. I would not have noticed but i noticed a new member registered to my forum last night but had not set a location.. I was hoping this would be required at registration.. Maybe i just need a fresh Monster Energy to think clearly..

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  8. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

You know its totally possible im just losing my mind.. However it also seems to have a bug where removing the mandatory field from the User CP seems to negate the parameters of the plugin?

9. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

This is how it works, to reduce workload for your server it will generally cause a member to be prompted on their second login unless the they stay active until the cron runs.
    Custom Fields have the option to be required during registration, the regular fields including Location don't. I added them into this add-on for that reason :p
    I'm pretty sure this shouldn't be the case, it shouldn't matter how the data is removed the check is for
    Code:
    NULL||''
    during testing I was deleting directly from the db in most cases and it worked. If you can replicate this once juiced up on Monster let me know!

FredC likes this.
  10. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Ok that would explain the randomness and other behaviors.. Thanks for the explanation, which seems to have answered all my issues..

How about this one?
    Capture_04112014_172917.jpg Capture_04112014_173748.jpg
    The transparency in the alerts may very well be my own styling issues but its only effected when prompted to input a mandatory field..

11. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Haha, yeah I noticed this to, it's just how it works. The transparency is your styling but the page being displayed in there is the add-on. What is happening is that every page the user tries to load gets redirected to the 'mandatory_fields' form, if you look carefully you will see it is that page. Technically speaking you can fill the form in there to...lol

12. tsak76

tsak76 Active Member

it doesnt work for pre existing mandatory fields, it doesnt even show pre existing fields in addon options

13. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

This is not how the add-on works. It utilises the existing ability to set a custom field as required.

14. tsak76

tsak76 Active Member

yes, i installed the addon while having already 5 profile fields which are set as required but they dont show in addon options in order to enable them

15. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

You don't need to do this extra step.

16. tsak76

tsak76 Active Member

well then it doesnt work for my existing required fields . it doesnt ask me to fill them in

17. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Have you followed all of these steps:

1. Add-on is active, including the cron entry.
    2. You have used the user account in question for testing.
    3. You have waited two hours to ensure the cron entry has run.
    4. Ticked the box shown below for all the custom fields in question.
    mand.png

18. tsak76

tsak76 Active Member

yes it doesnt ask me to fill them in

19. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Can you please PM me with some log-on details for your site please then I can investigate the error, I can't replicate it on my end.

20. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member