[TH] Mailing List [Deleted]

Great to see v2. I really like the idea and spirit of this addon!

Is there any news about my problem / feature request of v1? I need to prevent double_optin but have to make sure by law that a user confirmed his e-mail in xenforo before he get's synced to Mailchimp.

Hi,

I'm very interested in this Add-on. I have 3 questions:

2.) Preventing double Double-Optin?
  • In Xenforo I enabled Email Confirmation for new registrations ("Users will need to click on a link in an email before their registration is completed.")
  • In Mailchimp I also need a double-optin confirmation before a new User is subscribed.
Is it possible for your Add-On to check if a user confirmed his Email in Xenforo before he is transferred to Mailchimp and change the API call to double_optin = false. So that users who already confirmed their Email with Xenforo doesn't have to confirm it again for subscribing to the Mailing List?

Sounds great! At which point do you send the API call to Mailchimp? As soon as the new user submits the registrationform or after the user confirmed his email via the Xenforo Confirmation Email? The second option would be great and exactly what I would need.

Neither really, it's put into a queue and is run whenever the cron comes up

I understand. Since one double Opt-in is required by law in my country I can't use your add-on but if the behavior changes or an option for this might be added in the future I would be very interested.

Great to see v2. I really like the idea and spirit of this addon!

Is there any news about my problem / feature request of v1? I need to prevent double_optin but have to make sure by law that a user confirmed his e-mail in xenforo before he get's synced to Mailchimp.
We could do a check on the user where it checks their state that they are confirmed. That would be simple to do with no performance impact.

Ok, so I tried to set up a test newsletter to send in Xenforo.

When I asked to Display it, I get:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 85 bytes) in /home/hobbymac/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 304

Downloaded the default newsletter.

Tried to simply display it. Got this error:

An unexpected error occurred. Please try again later.

Ok, so I tried to set up a test newsletter to send in Xenforo.

When I asked to Display it, I get:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 85 bytes) in /home/hobbymac/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 304
Could you try increasing the memory limit?

It may be because it is converting the CSS styles to inline styles so they display properly on an email.

Could you try increasing the memory limit?

It may be because it is converting the CSS styles to inline styles so they display properly on an email.

My web host already increased the PHP.
What do you want increased, and to how much?

Also getting these server errors
Server Error Logs
Server Error Logs
  1. Delete...
    InlineStyle\InlineStyle::__clone(): ID copyright already definedYesterday at 4:36 PM - library/ThemeHouse/MailingList/Helper/vendor/inlinestyle/inlinestyle/InlineStyle/InlineStyle.php:397
  2. Delete...
    InlineStyle\InlineStyle::__clone(): ID copyright already definedYesterday at 4:36 PM - library/ThemeHouse/MailingList/Helper/vendor/inlinestyle/inlinestyle/InlineStyle/InlineStyle.php:397
  3. Delete...
    InlineStyle\InlineStyle::__clone(): ID copyright already definedYesterday at 4:35 PM - library/ThemeHouse/MailingList/Helper/vendor/inlinestyle/inlinestyle/InlineStyle/InlineStyle.php:397
  4. Delete...
    InlineStyle\InlineStyle::__clone(): ID copyright already definedYesterday at 4:33 PM - library/ThemeHouse/MailingList/Helper/vendor/inlinestyle/inlinestyle/InlineStyle/InlineStyle.php:397
  5. Delete...
    InlineStyle\InlineStyle::__clone(): ID copyright already definedYesterday at 4:33 PM - library/ThemeHouse/MailingList/Helper/vendor/inlinestyle/inlinestyle/InlineStyle/InlineStyle.php:397
  6. Delete...
    InlineStyle\InlineStyle::__clone(): ID copyright already definedYesterday at 4:32 PM - library/ThemeHouse/MailingList/Helper/vendor/inlinestyle/inlinestyle/InlineStyle/InlineStyle.php:397
  7. Delete...
    InlineStyle\InlineStyle::__clone(): ID copyright already definedYesterday at 4:32 PM - library/ThemeHouse/MailingList/Helper/vendor/inlinestyle/inlinestyle/InlineStyle/InlineStyle.php:397
  8. Delete...
    Undefined offset: 1Yesterday at 4:30 PM - library/ThemeHouse/MailingList/Helper/vendor/inlinestyle/inlinestyle/InlineStyle/InlineStyle.php:289
Showing 8 of 8 items

Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2016 XenForo Ltd.
Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: InlineStyle\InlineStyle::__clone(): ID copyright already defined - library/ThemeHouse/MailingList/Helper/vendor/inlinestyle/inlinestyle/InlineStyle/InlineStyle.php:397
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 4:36 PM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/hobbymac/public_html/library/ThemeHouse/MailingList/Helper/vendor/inlinestyle/inlinestyle/InlineStyle/InlineStyle.php(397): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'InlineStyle\\Inl...', '/home/hobbymac/...', 397, Array)
#1 /home/hobbymac/public_html/library/ThemeHouse/MailingList/Helper/vendor/inlinestyle/inlinestyle/InlineStyle/InlineStyle.php(180): InlineStyle\InlineStyle->__clone()
#2 /home/hobbymac/public_html/library/ThemeHouse/MailingList/Helper/Template.php(21): InlineStyle\InlineStyle->getHTML()
#3 /home/hobbymac/public_html/library/ThemeHouse/MailingList/ViewPublic/Newsletter.php(23): ThemeHouse_MailingList_Helper_Template::inlineNewsletterStyle('<!DOCTYPE html ...')
#4 /home/hobbymac/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): ThemeHouse_MailingList_ViewPublic_Newsletter->renderHtml()
#5 /home/hobbymac/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(71): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('ThemeHouse_Mail...', 'Html', Array, 'th_newsletter_m...')
#6 /home/hobbymac/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(607): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView('ThemeHouse_Mail...', Array, 'th_newsletter_m...', NULL)
#7 /home/hobbymac/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#8 /home/hobbymac/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(46) "http://www.hobby-machinist.com/newsletters/16/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Delete...Close

What about the above errors ?

Any help?
What is the version of PHP is running on your board? And what style did you set for the newsletter?

I've tried making the copyright tag appear twice but I was unable to trigger an error. Could I get admin access so I can test this further?

Last edited:
@ThemeHouse
@Dalton Prock
@Mike Creuzer

Could you add a feature so that ist is working with the free PHPList newsletter? (https://www.phplist.org/about/). This is a very professional open source newsletter.

Everybody can install it on its own server. Email bounce management, throtteling for users with shared hosting etc. are all included. No restrictions for how many emails you want to send. You can even determine, which domain name shall get how many emails per hour/minute/day, to avoid beeing blacklisted.

It is absolutely free. So the ideal solution for those of us, who have to send out more than 12k emails per month but no budget for paying more to Mandrill et alii?

That would be the perfect solution for all of us! I need it for XF1.5.17

@ThemeHouse
@Dalton Prock
@Mike Creuzer

Could you add a feature so that ist is working with the free PHPList newsletter? (https://www.phplist.org/about/). This is a very professional open source newsletter.

Everybody can install it on its own server. Email bounce management, throtteling for users with shared hosting etc. are all included. No restrictions for how many emails you want to send. You can even determine, which domain name shall get how many emails per hour/minute/day, to avoid beeing blacklisted.

It is absolutely free. So the ideal solution for those of us, who have to send out more than 12k emails per month but no budget for paying more to Mandrill et alii?

That would be the perfect solution for all of us! I need it for XF1.5.17
Out of curiosity, do they offer an API?

Out of curiosity, do they offer an API?

I do not know. I am not a coder. But PHPlist is the only reliable option for those, who do not want to pay high monthly fees with many users and also for those who use shared hosting and need to have control about how many emails are sent per hour.

Do not mix phplist.org with phplist.com These are two different offers.

On the .org site, you can download and use the script for free, install it on your own server and run it on your own.

On the .com site, they offer a sendmail functionality on their servers which you have to pay for. They also use the same phplist-script, but you have to pay once you send more than xxx mails per month.

So the only interesting option is from the .org site. Download it and do it by yourself. Totally free :)

Top Bottom