[TH] Mailing List [Deleted]

ThemeHouse

ThemeHouse submitted a new resource:

[TH] Mailing List - Allow users to easily and seamlessly join your mailing lists

This add-on will allow your forum's members to easily and seamlessly join any of your mailing lists without leaving your board.

Currently, we support the following handlers:
  • MailChimp
  • ConstantContact
Features:
  • Allows you to display your email campaigns on the XenForo registration form
  • Allows you to have campaigns that are selected by default on the registration page
  • Modular and easily extendable to support any mailing list provider

Read more about this resource...

Hi,

I'm very interested in this Add-on. I have 3 questions:

1.) Is it possible to pass Xenforo custom fields as merge_vars to Mailchimp?

2.) Preventing double Double-Optin?
  • In Xenforo I enabled Email Confirmation for new registrations ("Users will need to click on a link in an email before their registration is completed.")
  • In Mailchimp I also need a double-optin confirmation before a new User is subscribed.
Is it possible for your Add-On to check if a user confirmed his Email in Xenforo before he is transferred to Mailchimp and change the API call to double_optin = false. So that users who already confirmed their Email with Xenforo doesn't have to confirm it again for subscribing to the Mailing List?

3.) What would be the best way to migrate my subscribed users from the “******* Mailchimp Integrate Add-on” to yours?

Thanks,
jb-net

I have lots of usergroups, and many of them has its own mailing list. Does this add-on have any usergroup syncing? That would save a ton of time for me.

1.) Is it possible to pass Xenforo custom fields as merge_vars to Mailchimp?

Yep!
Is it possible for your Add-On to check if a user confirmed his Email in Xenforo before he is transferred to Mailchimp and change the API call to double_optin = false. So that users who already confirmed their Email with Xenforo doesn't have to confirm it again for subscribing to the Mailing List?

The opt-in email sent from mailchimp cannot be controlled via the API unfortunately, so if you have that option on they will have to double opt-in unfortunately.

3.) What would be the best way to migrate my subscribed users from the “******* Mailchimp Integrate Add-on” to yours?

As long as they're subscribed to a mailing list on Mandrill we have a sync feature built in :)

I have lots of usergroups, and many of them has its own mailing list. Does this add-on have any usergroup syncing? That would save a ton of time for me.

Unfortunately this is not currently possible, but is something we can look into :)

Jake

The opt-in email sent from mailchimp cannot be controlled via the API unfortunately, so if you have that option on they will have to double opt-in unfortunately.

Hi Jake,

thanks for your reply. The Mailchimp API does offer such an option:

v2 API: https://apidocs.mailchimp.com/api/2.0/lists/subscribe.php

Code:
{
    "apikey": "example apikey",
    "email": {
        "email": "example email"
    },
    "merge_vars": {
        "groupings": [
            {
                "id": 42,
                "name": "example name",
                "groups": [
                    "..."
                ]
            }
        ],
    },
     "double_optin": false,
    "update_existing": true,
    "replace_interests": true
}

in the v3 of the API it works a little bit different:
http://developer.mailchimp.com/docu...es/manage-subscribers-with-the-mailchimp-api/
As it depends on the status of the new user.

• subscribed = no double optin massage will be send
  • pending = double optin massage will be send

Code:
{
  "id": "852aaa9532cb36adfb5e9fef7a4206a9",
  "email_address": "urist.mcvankab+3@freddiesjokes.com",
  "email_type": "html",
  "status": "subscribed",
  "merge_fields": {
    "FNAME": "",
    "LNAME": ""
  },

http://developer.mailchimp.com/documentation/mailchimp/reference/lists/members/[/QUOTE]

What is the behaviour of your Add-on at the moment?

We're using v3 of the API and we do pass subscribed as the status, so that should work for what you want :)

We're using v3 of the API and we do pass subscribed as the status, so that should work for what you want :)

Sounds great! At which point do you send the API call to Mailchimp? As soon as the new user submits the registrationform or after the user confirmed his email via the Xenforo Confirmation Email? The second option would be great and exactly what I would need.

Sounds great! At which point do you send the API call to Mailchimp? As soon as the new user submits the registrationform or after the user confirmed his email via the Xenforo Confirmation Email? The second option would be great and exactly what I would need.

Neither really, it's put into a queue and is run whenever the cron comes up

Neither really, it's put into a queue and is run whenever the cron comes up

I understand. Since one double Opt-in is required by law in my country I can't use your add-on but if the behavior changes or an option for this might be added in the future I would be very interested.

Just installed. Couple of questions ...

How do custom fields sync up?
For instance, we plan on adding a user location table to the list under the add-on options, and then add hidden fields on MailChimp for state and country. We'd then sync this up with the campaign using the add-on. Location is something that the user gives us on a non-XF page after they've successfully joined the site. Basically if a user's location (or any other synced field changes), will the add-on's cron sync these fields?

Defaults
If we have "Display subscription at registration" unchecked, an under our campaign "Auto selected" checked ... will the automatically be signed up? Or do we need to have the display at registration checked too?

Thanks!

For instance, we plan on adding a user location table to the list under the add-on options, and then add hidden fields on MailChimp for state and country. We'd then sync this up with the campaign using the add-on. Location is something that the user gives us on a non-XF page after they've successfully joined the site. Basically if a user's location (or any other synced field changes), will the add-on's cron sync these fields?

Are these the merge fields in MailChimp, and are the fields you're trying to sync xf custom user fields?

If we have "Display subscription at registration" unchecked, an under our campaign "Auto selected" checked ... will the automatically be signed up? Or do we need to have the display at registration checked too?

Auto selected will have no effect if display subscription at registration is turned off. Doing something like that could likely get your MailChimp account suspended for signing users up without their permission

Jake

Are these the merge fields in MailChimp, and are the fields you're trying to sync xf custom user fields?
Merge fields, and they are custom fields that we pull into XF using the User model.
Auto selected will have no effect if display subscription at registration is turned off.
Thanks. Just wondering how it works.

Last edited:
Merge fields, and they are custom fields that we pull into XF using the User model.
If your MailChimp list has merge fields you'll get a few extra inputs on the 'edit campaign' page. 6 of them for each merge field.

The first and second columns are set by MailChimp and cannot be edited. These are just the name and identifier for the field.

The third column is where you choose the database table to select the data from (For custom fields it would be xf_user_field_value)

The fourth column will be the name of the column (For custom fields you would use field_value)

The fifth column will have any conditionals. For this you'll use:
Code:
field_id='YOUR_FIELD_ID'

The sixth field is for the renderer. You will only need this if you need the birthday

If your MailChimp list has merge fields you'll get a few extra inputs on the 'edit campaign' page. 6 of them for each merge field.

The first and second columns are set by MailChimp and cannot be edited. These are just the name and identifier for the field.

The third column is where you choose the database table to select the data from (For custom fields it would be xf_user_field_value)

The fourth column will be the name of the column (For custom fields you would use field_value)

The fifth column will have any conditionals. For this you'll use:
Code:
field_id='YOUR_FIELD_ID'

The sixth field is for the renderer. You will only need this if you need the birthday
Thanks. I'm aware of how to set it up. I'd like to know how and when these fields sync up once I've set them up. Upon joining? Upon change in XF or MailChimp? Etc ...

Thanks. I'm aware of how to set it up. I'd like to know how and when these fields sync up once I've set them up. Upon joining? Upon change in XF or MailChimp? Etc ...
I believe it's when you edit your profile for that field.

This looks great. Question I have is how does it handle bounced email and unsubscribes from Mailchimp to XF? If for example we send out a mailer of 20,000 and we get 100 bounces and 200 unsubscribes does it sync back to XF and set the 100 bounces to email verification pending status? On the unsubscribes does it toggle the user preference so they no longer receive email from administrators in case we want to send an email from XF in the future?

thanks

Hi

With version 1.0.1 is it now possible to sync usergroups with Mailing Lists?

What I mean is, I have 10 usergroups in my xenforo. And I have 10 Mailing Lists in MailChimp. I am using xenforo user upgrades.

So when someone buys an upgrade he gets a new usergroup. What I want is that that person should also get automatically get added to my corresponding Mailing List for that usergroup in MailChimp.

Is this possible?

Top Bottom