[TH] Mailing List [Deleted]

Let us know what you think
I bought it, but I will install it when Amazon SES support be implemented.
Until that, I can not do anything because all mails are go throug Amazon SES.

So, I bought your add on which version I can not use now, mostly because your good and diplomatic support in past few days. (y)

I have been unable to use this to mail a newsletter directly from Xenforo to the members of the forum which number 17000 plus.
I started a ticket as I was asked to do. Is there any solution?

I have been unable to use this to mail a newsletter directly from Xenforo to the members of the forum which number 17000 plus.
I started a ticket as I was asked to do. Is there any solution?
Hello @THM, one of our support staff should contact you very soon! :)

I have been waiting weeks.
Same here.

I first tried to contact them for the same reason as yours on September 12 via personal conversation at themehouse.com. After a few messages they realized that they can't fix the problem, so they stop responding to my messages.

I then started a ticket on October 12 for the same reason. They responded after a couple of days saying that they are looking into this issue and that's all. No solution has been found since today.

I have had the exact same experience . They told me to start a ticket. I did. Then they wanted FTP access and an admin account. I complied. They have been putting me off since then.

This is not good customer service.

This addon had a rough history . At first, when Bamastangguy made it, it worked nicely . Then, he made some changes , and it generated an error. I complained, and he became very verbally abusive on here. He refused to send me the original version that worked. Next thing I know, it belongs to Theme House and doesn't work with Xenforo mail, only works with outside mailing services that charge money.

What needs to be done is it needs to generate HTML as before, for those of us willing to wait while Xenforo sends out the emails to our members. it would be great if a scheduler function could be added to schedule the sending of newsletters every month or week.

I have had the exact same experience . They told me to start a ticket. I did. Then they wanted FTP access and an admin account. I complied. They have been putting me off since then.

This is not good customer service.

This addon had a rough history . At first, when Bamastangguy made it, it worked nicely . Then, he made some changes , and it generated an error. I complained, and he became very verbally abusive on here. He refused to send me the original version that worked. Next thing I know, it belongs to Theme House and doesn't work with Xenforo mail, only works with outside mailing services that charge money.

What needs to be done is it needs to generate HTML as before, for those of us willing to wait while Xenforo sends out the emails to our members. it would be great if a scheduler function could be added to schedule the sending of newsletters every month or week.
The original did not work with XenForo's mailing system and we will get it integrated with it.

I am looking into the bug right now and apologize about the delay!

Just got an email that this plugin has been updated from the original author...
Thought this was bought and being developed by another company?

Just got an email that this plugin has been updated from the original author...
Thought this was bought and being developed by another company?

No, we acquired another newsletter add-on, and after running into substantial issues we discontinued any new features on that add-on, and built some of the features into our already existing add-on (the one this thread is for)

Does that mean it will not be able to send newsletters using the XF email to user function ?
The version received did not have that functionality built in. We are building in a mailing system into this add-on.

No, we acquired another newsletter add-on, and after running into substantial issues we discontinued any new features on that add-on, and built some of the features into our already existing add-on (the one this thread is for)

So just to be clear you guys are no longer in charge of BamaStangGuys email modification after saying you owned the rights to it, apparently abandoning it, releasing a completely separate version here, and he is now back in control of that modification?

So just to be clear you guys are no longer in charge of BamaStangGuys email modification after saying you owned the rights to it, apparently abandoning it, releasing a completely separate version here, and he is now back in control of that modification?
No that modification has been converted into the additions made to this one. We rewrote the majority of it for a better HTML generator that can be customized and additions from XenForo made much easier.

No that modification has been converted into the additions made to this one. We rewrote the majority of it for a better HTML generator that can be customized and additions from XenForo made much easier.

Thank you for the clarification regarding these two modifications. It was confusing the other day when I received an email from the old modification creator that he had updated the HTML newsletter generator that I thought you guys owned and controlled the code for.

Wasn't sure which addon to go with moving forward.

Thank you for the clarification regarding these two modifications. It was confusing the other day when I received an email from the old modification creator that he had updated the HTML newsletter generator that I thought you guys owned and controlled the code for.

Wasn't sure which addon to go with moving forward.
Yeah I apologize!

It was in a state where simply pushing it out in the way that it was and making changes there would be much more time consuming than making a solution that was built for future expandability.

We will get the integration with XenForo's mail system out soon!

Yeah I apologize!

It was in a state where simply pushing it out in the way that it was and making changes there would be much more time consuming than making a solution that was built for future expandability.

We will get the integration with XenForo's mail system out soon!

No problem I understand completely. I was just confused due to the wording of that update email I got after the old developer sold you guys all his clients i assumed he wouldn't spam us with a new add-on with the same functionality.

Again, thats for being forth coming about the situation and it wasn't your guys fault at all.

PS I hope you guys start getting around to making ipb4 suite themes here soon.

Due to recent events thought I'd clarify something. Not looking to make a huge conversation on this, just needed to make a statement:

1. We purchased BamStangGuy's mailing list add-on full rights
2. It took forever for him to get us source files or any other information
3. We asked him questions about things like integration with Sendy/Mailchimp which were implied that they were supported (turns out they were not)
4. Some of you may have been contacted by him upselling a new add-on he's now built that is similar in scope

Ultimately:

1. The old add-on did not support Sendy or Mailchimp
2. Was unusable (full of bugs)
3. Unextendable (code was messy, would have taken more time to modify it than start from scratch)
4. Didn't really DO anything, hence so many upset customers and XenForo having to step in

So we rebuilt it from scratch, not even referencing the add-on other than a rough feature parity. He has not offered us a refund, even though I asked for one at one point. I was happy having him keep the money, instead he releases a new add-on. I guess, a bit distasteful, but a las, I am not looking for reparations of any kind. Just need to go on the record.

I never entered an agreement stating he couldn't rebuild the add-on (nor would I), I just assumed if he was going to abandon customers for profit he wouldn't be coming back. We took it over to help support his customers, we don't make money from acquisitions if that part wasn't clear already, we do it to help support the community.

Ultimately, [TH] Mailing List is 100% unique, no code was reused, and it extended functionality by an order of magnitude (supports themes, actually integrates with Mailchimp and Constant Contact, etc.). We should have been more clear, but assumed something like this wouldn't happen.

Moving forward, we will keep to ourselves as we always do and continue building great products and offering the best support we can.

Reactions: DPF
I don't want to get into a pissing match here but I am still happy with my stated position in the past on the other thread:

1) I sold the rights to that add-on to you in hopes that it would be fixed up and improved.
2) It supported Unsubscribe support for Sendy and Mailchimp. The add-on page described in detail what it did and what was supported. At no point did I state anywhere that support for Sendy or Mailchimp extended beyond that.
3) I apologized for the delay in code. The refund request was made during the delay. Once the files were handed over no other request was made for a refund.
4) The add-on was never developed for the reasons you stated which left me with no supported mailing list add-on which we used daily. The project grew big and bulky because of trying to make everyone happy and I no longer wished to support it or develop it.
5) After looking at your Mailing List add-on it did not fit our needs either so I wrote an add-on that works only with Sendy.co and will never leave the scope of that. It does not support anything other than threads and Sendy. It is in no way within the same scope as my previous one other than that it generates a list of threads in a template, which is completely different and based off a whole other framework, and supports Sendy.co exclusively.

You do build great products but unfortunately those products in relation to email newsletters do not fit my needs. Which is why I have the add-on I have now.

I also have not reached out to any old customers for money. Only to offer them a free license if they use Sendy. Most people can not use my current add-on since they were using the default XenForo mailing system or some other email system. So I do not agree with you that I am upselling anything to anyone.

This is my only reply to this. I do not feel that I am in the wrong with my current add-on. Others may. One thing I have learned during developing the last add-on is to not try to make everyone happy. I hate that you bought my previous add-on without understanding the scope of what was needed to keep it going or what its feature set was. I was really hoping for continued development from you guys because I respect your code and your work.

Top Bottom