[TH] Mailing List [Deleted]

This looks great. Question I have is how does it handle bounced email and unsubscribes from Mailchimp to XF? If for example we send out a mailer of 20,000 and we get 100 bounces and 200 unsubscribes does it sync back to XF and set the 100 bounces to email verification pending status? On the unsubscribes does it toggle the user preference so they no longer receive email from administrators in case we want to send an email from XF in the future?
There is currently no handling of bouncing and unsubscribing from outside your XenForo installation, so if the user decides to unsubscribe via the link provided by MailChimp, our system will still perform a query but MailChimp would simply deny sending them that email. We can look into a timely check to see if a user has unsubscribed from a mailing list outside of the addon.

Hi

With version 1.0.1 is it now possible to sync usergroups with Mailing Lists?

What I mean is, I have 10 usergroups in my xenforo. And I have 10 Mailing Lists in MailChimp. I am using xenforo user upgrades.

So when someone buys an upgrade he gets a new usergroup. What I want is that that person should also get automatically get added to my corresponding Mailing List for that usergroup in MailChimp.

Is this possible?
That is planned to be implemented in an upcoming release :)

Hi

With version 1.0.1 is it now possible to sync usergroups with Mailing Lists?

What I mean is, I have 10 usergroups in my xenforo. And I have 10 Mailing Lists in MailChimp. I am using xenforo user upgrades.

So when someone buys an upgrade he gets a new usergroup. What I want is that that person should also get automatically get added to my corresponding Mailing List for that usergroup in MailChimp.

Is this possible?

Any progress yet on this update?

Hi, I currently have a mail chimp signup on my website. I would like to, as part of an enticement for people signing up for my newsletter, have their account created (or at least register them onto the forum) in xenforo. Or if people sign up via xenforo to create an account, they also get added to my mail chimp newsletter.

Basically, I want to only let people who sign up for the mail chimp newsletter have access to the forum (maybe by having their emails or something in an account group given permissions or something). Can this plugin provide this sync functionality by some means?

Hi @ThemeHouse, I have a ton of spam accounts that I don't want to be automatically opted into the MailChimp mailing list if I install this plugin. Is there a way to specify who is added upon install? I'd like to only add people based on certain conditions such as number of posts, registration date, whether they opted to get admin emails, etc.

Would this be possible? Otherwise I'll go way past the 2,000 free email list members in mailchimp due to spam accounts.

Last edited:
ThemeHouse updated [TH] Mailing List (Newsletter) with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.0 Released

Enhancements:
  • Custom newsletters that can be submitted to any emailing service for usage.
  • Avatars for mailing lists to customize the appearance for your users.
Bugs Fixed:
  • Creating a new campaign sometimes complained about missing variables.
You may import the `default-newsletter.xml` file into the newsletter page to use the pre-existing template.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I wanted to see a final demo...as what would a newsletter look like.
That's the great thing, it doesn't necessarily look like anything, it looks exactly how you want it to. Here is one example we used just as a test to display some popular threads:

f121e51528064317ed5874000faf2463.webp

And another for media attachments and resources:
slack-imgs.com.webp

The first one was generated using the default style, and the second was generated using UI.X. Obviously, these are very basic examples and you can create it using static content as well as change the markup for how the items are displayed (These just use the normal thread list and a basic inline list)

You can also add an unlimited amount of newsletters with custom templates and designs for each, so you can do one for the holidays or for any occasion without having to delete your old details like the other add-on.

And with style properties fully integrated it can look like your website without any extra work.

We bought this. We had owned the previous version by bama.

I went to display a newsletter and got an error "unexpected error occurred".

We want to create a newsletter with new threads, and send it using Xenforo's mail to members function.
Can you tell us how we would do that?

Thank you.

We bought this. We had owned the previous version by bama.

I went to display a newsletter and got an error "unexpected error occurred".

We want to create a newsletter with new threads, and send it using Xenforo's mail to members function.
Can you tell us how we would do that?

Thank you.
Could you make a ticket at audentio.com and we'll look into this :)

We are looking into future features for the add-on and that is most likely going to be one.

Top Bottom