[TH] Live Threads [Deleted]

Works fine on 1.5.6!

Does the first post disappear when going live for you? Seems to work mostly great for me but random posts (and always the first one) hide while live. They then show back up when unlive. Id say 99% of posts show up outside of the first one. But it is odd.

I think this add-on is open source now. I wonder what it would take to have someone clean up these minor pieces so this thing was flawless.

Last edited:
@Jon W it seems this mod doesnt go inactive if no activity occurs, i had to track down the issue with my server and it turned out the amount of live threads i had in the past that asks for an update every 5 secs

i thought if no one posts in that thread the mod stops requesting updates?

@king8084 I don't know if you knew or not but Jon W isn't active here anymore and sold all his addons to ThemeHouse and this addon has been marked "unmaintained" which means it won't be receiving any more updates and probably no support either.

i thought if no one posts in that thread the mod stops requesting updates?

As long as users are viewing the threads it will continue making the request, there aren't any plans to change the way this behaves. I think this add-on was originally intended to be enabled or disabled for special events. I believe @Solidus uses (or at least, has used) this add-on so he's probably quite a bit more familiar with it than I am

As long as users are viewing the threads it will continue making the request, there aren't any plans to change the way this behaves. I think this add-on was originally intended to be enabled or disabled for special events. I believe @Solidus uses (or at least, has used) this add-on so he's probably quite a bit more familiar with it than I am
are you sure if users are not viewing the thread it will not ask for refreshes?

After a certain amount of time, a thread will lose its live status if nobody posts there. This is configurable I believe.

Top Bottom