[TH] Like Threads [Deleted]

borbole

borbole submitted a new resource:

Thumb Up This Thread - Adds a like system for threads

This mod will add a Like system for your threads. Thread(s) that will be liked for x amount of times can be set as sticky automatically. You can also choose to show x number of most liked topics at the forum index, and/or to display on a new page that will be linked to the navbar. That would be a great way to expose the most liked threads.

When you like a thread, you can also enter a reason as to why you are liking that thread. The reason is optional but can be set as required as well. For...

Read more about this resource...

Is this still being maintained? It states it is for XF 1.4, has it been tested on 1.5.8?

I want to use this not for 'thread likes' but for 'thread nominations', whereby users can nominate threads to be featured. Is this add-on fully phrased so that I can change the 'like' phrases to 'nominate'?

Thank You.

Is this still being maintained? It states it is for XF 1.4, has it been tested on 1.5.8?

Yep, it should work without issue :)

I want to use this not for 'thread likes' but for 'thread nominations', whereby users can nominate threads to be featured. Is this add-on fully phrased so that I can change the 'like' phrases to 'nominate'?

Everything should be using phrases, if you notice any missing let us know!

just a note when this is active the default sorting order for forums is broken on latest version of xf, it doesnt respect the selection made in node manager

Will this work in conjunction to your Dislike Threads addon? So in the dropdown it will show like/dislike?

Hello @Blast, this can be done yes. They would be different dropdown menus though so they would not be combined. But your welcome to use both on your forums to if you like it at all. If you have any issues please do let us know.

One big request we get from our members is that the profile page of a certain user should show the list of threads that particular user has liked. That way, if I check out the profile page of a member I'm interested in, I will see threads that he liked, which means I may find those threads interesting as well.

And this is an off-topic comment, but having an add-on that would let members see other like-related information for a certain user such as the posts that user has liked, and/or the most-liked posts he's contributed so far, would be awesome.

just a note when this is active the default sorting order for forums is broken on latest version of xf, it doesnt respect the selection made in node manager
I am unable to reproduce this on XenForo version 1.5.13. Do you have any add-ons that also add filtering options to nodes?

Top Bottom