[TH] Library [Deleted]

Also has full permissions to create or edit per article or per page;
permissions can relate to a Library as well (a collection of pages/ Articles).
You can have multiple Library nodes on a forum community each with different permissions.

Please see roadmap for development plans:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/the-articles-addon-has-been-born.26369/

STAGE 2 of the FREE "Library" addon has already begun and Jon will be working on it during next week.

Thank you to Jon of Waindigo for bringing me my heart's desire.

What exactly is meant with "non-commercial use only", can you clarifiy that?
Strictly speaking, every forum with ads on it is commercial....

A few suggestions:
- Add number to articles and last title article on Library node to index
- Move button " Create new article" on breadcrumb (as "Post New Thread")
- Button edit (under article) don't work, after click on Save changes, i have this error: "Unspecified error", but work only into the menu (edit + delete)
- Add the possibility to add files attach and images attach (very important for article)
- Block Lasts articles on sidebar, profil
- Add like and rating
- Add number view to article
- Improve the presentation of content articles, as this seems to be empty for the time, frame would be a good can be
- Add avatar to author in article

This makes a lot already, but I have others :D

Dig no that page is just an ordinary XF Page which I tried to make into a temporary index page for my Libraries. Disregard it.

This one is more representative
http://www.housemorgain.co.uk/circle/libraries/library-power.91/

That is a single Library, with a single Article in it.

Jon has provided some screenshots based on a plain XF install so not distracted by my remplate designs. See the Resource Manager..

It's not being called an Articles Library because it is going to be designed to handle a whole lot more than just Articles, although that is the standard type of item.

A few suggestions:

- Add number to articles and last title article on Library node to index
The index page is on the list to be developed in STAGE 2 ( see roadmap) and yes a Latest display would be fine.

- Add avatar to author in article
Naturally! I think the whole userbit just as it appears by a forum post. Avatar, name, title. Mine has a private convo link.

- Add number view to article
I think that will be straightforward.

- Move button " Create new article" on breadcrumb (as "Post New Thread")
Do you mean move it up immediately under the breadcrumbs?
I can't see the point of that. I want the Create button immediately at the top of the existing list.
But it's easy to move. Jon put it on the right, I put it on the left already. :)

- Button edit (under article) don't work, after click on Save changes, i have this error: "Unspecified error", but work only into the menu (edit + delete)
Mine works. Have to leave this one to Jon.

- Add the possibility to add files attach and images attach (very important for article)
There'll be images upload in STAGE 2. ( see roadmap)
I doubt attachments will come on the free version.

- Add like and rating
Likes yes I've added that.
Ratings you might have to ask Jon to do it for you as I'm not interested in that.

- Improve the presentation of content articles, as this seems to be empty for the time, frame would be a good can be
That is on the roadmap for the admin to design the structure of page templates for different types of items. STAGE THREE ( see roadmap)

- Block Lasts articles on sidebar, profil
A block on the sidebar? Yes a CMS is planned but that is to be a custom addon. There are two of us at the moment willing to fund it and it is open for other offers to join us. You will see on the roadmap that I am funding all of it on my own EXCEPT the CMS. ( see roadmap)

Button "Preview" don't work.
How work multi-page?

Yep I just found my Preview gave an error as well - no problem, Jon is a quick fixer.

To create more pages in a series for an Article you create the first page.
Then you should see a button or a link "Create New Page" on the article page you created. Not sure if it's a button as standard. I think so.

Critical! After uninstalling this addon I can't view forum...
Code:
Fatal error: Class '' not found in /var/www/library/XenForo/Model/Node.php on line 515
This become I did not delete Library Node from forum nodes before uninstall.

Update: for fix that need delete libraries records from xf_node table in database manager. It's not good, but recovery access to forum's frontend.

Dig no that page is just an ordinary XF Page which I tried to make into a temporary index page for my Libraries. Disregard it.

This one is more representative
http://www.housemorgain.co.uk/circle/libraries/library-power.91/

That is a single Library, with a single Article in it.

Jon is putting up some screenshots based on a vanilla XF install any minute. He mentioned it earlier today. That is a plain install without my template designs.

It's not being called an Articles Library because it is going to be designed to handle a whole lot more than just Articles, although that is the standard type of item.
OMG OMG OMG OMG I CAN WRITE A BOOK LIKE THIS!!!

This is great for fan-fiction!!!

Critical! After uninstalling this addon I can't view forum...
Code:
Fatal error: Class '' not found in /var/www/library/XenForo/Model/Node.php on line 515
This become I did not delete Library Node from forum nodes before uninstall.

Update: for fix that need delete libraries records from xf_node table in database manager. It's not good, but recovery access to forum's frontend.

infis I have emailed Jon to help you. It's just after midnight UK (his and my timezone) so he may not get to you for about 7 or 8 hours. But when he does he does fast fixes I know by experience.

What's the page limit? Say I wrote a 200 page book and wanted to post it in the library...

Exactly what I intend to do Legion! Quantity shouldn't be a problem as each page of an Article is actually a separate page, not just one page divided up into bits for pagination.

I'm not certain of structure for a book.
We might look at creating chapters for folk like you and I. So stick close and we'll discuss it in STAGE 3.

Exactly what I intend to do Legion! Quantity shouldn't be a problem as each page of an Article is actually a separate page, not just one page divided up into bits for pagination.

I'm not certain of structure for a book.
We might look at creating chapters for folk like you and I. So stick close and we'll discuss it in STAGE 3.
Okay thank you! I can do chapters until then :p

Notes for Jon in approx. order of urgency:

FIXED # post 12 infis says Critical! After uninstalling this addon I can't view forum...
FIXED # post 7 Allan says - - Button edit (under article) don't work, after click on Save changes, i have this error: "Unspecified error", but work only into the menu (edit + delete)
FIXED # Fixed problem with 'Add Page' button not showing.
TEMP FIX # post 9 infis says Preview button doesn't work (me too) Temp fix by removing Preview button for now.

TIME TO FIX ITEMS REPORTED: Maximum 40 mins minimum 15 mins. Doing OK Jon!
# post 4 Walter wants to know definition of non-commercial

infis I have emailed Jon to help you. It's just after midnight UK (his and my timezone) so he may not get to you for about 7 or 8 hours. But when he does he does fast fixes I know by experience.
I solved this problem. But for novice admins this problem maybe critical. Thank you! :)

Top Bottom