[TH] Leaderboards [Deleted]

Jon W

Jon W submitted a new resource:

Leaderboards by Waindigo - Create unlimited custom leaderboards to show on the 'Notable Members' page.

This add-on allows you to create custom leaderboards in the Admin Control Panel which appear as tabs on the Notable Members page.

Leaderboards can be set up to use any column in the xf_user table, including any columns added by third-party add-ons. This includes message counts, number of trophies, likes counts and more.

Leaderboards can be...

Read more about this resource...

Here are the first test Leaderboards that I have set up for my forum. The first is Quit your DayJob leaderboard. It is based on trophy-points for all paid members, excludes admins, registered members, and Staff. I've not styled any of these pages so its all pretty much out of the box.

The second counts who has the most posts in a set of forums for 10 Special Interest Groups (SIGs). It is based on post counts in any of the SIG fora. It includes all members of all SIGs based on usergroups, excludes admins, guests etc. I may add a time frame to this,

I've not configured any more but feel free to keep this URL. I am planning to add a couple of more leaderboards that have a lower level so I can showcase users at different levels of achievement.

The default is displayed under the Notable members section, which I have set to world-readable.

Couple of things that would be very nice to have. The first is a units display next to the points count. Since we can count trophy points, posts etc that would be nice to see. And an explanation of what the leaderboard counts. I plan to add a sidebar widget here that explains it and provides a link to the Trophy and level page but it would be nice for that to be a part of the leaderboard.
Thanks

Here's an image of what one of the boards looks like:
Notable_Members___SavvyAuthors.webp

Is there a step I have missed? In the list of user groups nobody is displayed. I've created the groups and the members are displayed belonging to them. Similarly, the tabs in addition to the Notable Members.

Attachments

• leaderboard1.webp
    leaderboard1.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 139
  • leaderboard2.webp
    leaderboard2.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 134
  • leaderboard3.webp
    leaderboard3.webp
    12.6 KB · Views: 132
  • leaderboard4.webp
    leaderboard4.webp
    8.9 KB · Views: 130
Is there a step I have missed? In the list of user groups nobody is displayed. I've created the groups and the members are displayed belonging to them. Similarly, the tabs in addition to the Notable Members.
What add-on is that that you are using to join people to groups?

Is it possible to paginate the results? Or limit them to a certain number of users. Otherwise, great add-on!
All leaderboards are limited to the same number of members as the usual Notable Members pages. This number can be changed in the Admin CP.

im not sure but i think since i installed this add one its taking my site to rebuild templates like 3 times longer then it should.. including when rebuilding Core data.

would this slow down rebuilding based on the amount of data it needs to collect every x many min? and calculate..

i know when you do an add one update some caches also get rebuilt as well.. so i would assume the amount of large data this add one produces would cause slower template & data rebuilding?

Last edited:
im not sure but i think since i installed this add one its taking my site to rebuild templates like 3 times longer then it should.. including when rebuilding Core data.

would this slow down rebuilding based on the amount of data it needs to collect every x many min? and calculate..

i know when you do an add one update some caches also get rebuilt as well.. so i would assume the amount of large data this add one produces would cause slower template & data rebuilding?
This add-on would have a very small impact on the cache rebuild. Have you tried disabling this add-on to see if that makes any difference?

Top Bottom