[TH] Keyword Replace [Deleted]

ThemeHouse

ThemeHouse submitted a new resource:

Keyword Replace - Subject user-generated text to keyword replacement rules defined in your admin control panel.

Similar to the built-in censorship function, this add-on allows the administrator to define a keyword or phrase and a replacement value, which can include a URL, overlay or other HTML code. Any occurrences of the keyword or phrase in user content is replaced as appropriate.

Read more about this resource...

I've added screenshots to the resource :) It works in essentially the same way as the normal word censor does, but with more control

So to clarify, I could, for example, have every instance of 'Samsung' in posts be replaced with
Code:
<a class='noskim' target='_blank' href='http://www.samsung.com'>Samsung</a>
?
Would it have any effect on the display time of threads on a big forum? Would it clash with Skimlinks? I.e. does it happen *before* Skimlinks?

So to clarify, I could, for example, have every instance of 'Samsung' in posts be replaced with
Code:
<a class='noskim' target='_blank' href='http://www.samsung.com'>Samsung</a>
?
Would it have any effect on the display time of threads on a big forum? Would it clash with Skimlinks? I.e. does it happen *before* Skimlinks?

Hi Stu,

This does the find/replace server side, and I believe SkimLinks does everything through javascript so this will run first, and there shouldn't be any incompatibilities. If you would like to give the add-on a try on AVForums to see if it works for you before purchasing you can send me a PM and I'll send you a copy :)

Jake

Thank you Jake. Question. When this is in place, does it search and replace only when the posts are displayed? Or does it do the replace when the posts are created, so that the effect is permanent? The former is what we need, the latter would stop us from being able to use the addon.

Its the former @Stuart Wright.

@Jake B. Has this addon had any updates since been taken over by waindigo? Reason i ask is i used to use it but found it very buggy and incompatible with another addon i had. Since then i moved to an addon that does the same thing by another developer which works flawlessly.

@Jake B. Has this addon had any updates since been taken over by waindigo? Reason i ask is i used to use it but found it very buggy and incompatible with another addon i had. Since then i moved to an addon that does the same thing by another developer which works flawlessly.

Hi there,

Sorry for the delay. Could you provide a list of bugs that you've found in this add-on, and we'll do our best to get them all fixed ASAP :)

Jake

1. How does it handle case or partial words?
2. Does it keep away from changing words that are within a URL, etc.?

As example
1. would dog as in your example also change doghouse to cathouse? Or Dog to cat? Or is it only exact matches with space separator?

2. Say I wanted to add a link to instances of plain "Amazon" - would this also change "Here is our Amazon Link" when those words are already within a URL link?
Obviously my ideal is only to change the stuff outside of any url tags, etc. so I would not want it to set up a link inside a link!

2. Does it keep away from changing words that are within a URL, etc.?

As example

2. Say I wanted to add a link to instances of plain "Amazon" - would this also change "Here is our Amazon Link" when those words are already within a URL link?

@Jake B. , @ThemeHouse ,
could you please answer craigiris question? Need to know that , too.

I am going to have a very very long list of keywords. If a duplicate is entered is it just ignored?

Top Bottom