[TH] Join User Group [Deleted]

Yes it does. The add-on escalates the moderator of the joinable user group to a moderator status on the forums, meaning they can't be issued with warnings or be banned.
Doesn't it use the default XF moderator system, it just adds the Joinable User Group to the list of possible things to mod?

Without this addon, I can make a user a mod in a selected forum only. Same problem. That's why I said it's not related

I'm running into an odd issue with the requested date for users. No matter when, who, or what user group they request to join, it always has the same date listed for the request: May 11, 2012

This is the only add-on that seems to have this issue, all other forms and submissions have the correct date, just this one seems to like May 11, 2012 for some reason. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Capture.webp
    Capture.webp
    12.4 KB · Views: 22
I'm running into an odd issue with the requested date for users. No matter when, who, or what user group they request to join, it always has the same date listed for the request: May 11, 2012

This is the only add-on that seems to have this issue, all other forms and submissions have the correct date, just this one seems to like May 11, 2012 for some reason. Any ideas?
I to have this same issue.

Hi all, for my opionion this add-on is one of the most important ones for XF. But there are some issues to "repair".
One is a xenforo error i got sometimes after a user has joined.
Another error happens when using the checkboxes in the list. It is possible to delete wrong users here.

A third point is the list of groups; there should be one page for every goup, there should be a sorted list also.
Maybe some stats could be nice, which users work hard and should stay in some special groups and which users are just there doing nothing for the community.

I want to add some new functions and modify some code to get rid of the errors. Maybe you have one or two ideas also, what this addon should do better? Then write my a message please, so we can add more functions and exchange the changed code later.

Hello,
i use this script so that users can register in groups. this works too.

only with this group you have more rights. so you can see a category that you can't see as a normal user so that is not in the group.
Unfortunately it is only changed in the Secondary User Groups. but it would have to change in the User Group from registered to my group.

Unbenannt-132.webp

but
Unbenannt-13.webp

can anybody help me?

While you can change the primary user group to something other than "registered" - that kind of hijacks the intent of the way the permissions system works.

You can do almost everything you need to do without changing the primary user group. It just has to do with how you configure the permissions on a user group level as well as on a forum level.

The only instance where I have seen that you can get into a "you can't do it that way" is when you try to use the usergroup promotions system to try to "demote" someone, there's a whole thread/discussion dedicated to that issue and AFAIK it's about the only flaw in the permissions/group system that I've been able to see

Top Bottom