[TH] Join User Group [Deleted]

Hi Waindigo, the Join User Group menu choice when you click your username (top right) seems to have disappeared, has this been relocated to somewhere else?
I have the same problem.

Also, the user group description needs a length limit it seems, I got this error when I typed in a rather long description:
Server Error
Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column 'description' at row 1

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 632
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1607
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1576
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1381
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Waindigo/JoinUserGroup/ControllerAdmin/JoinableUserGroup.php at line 66
  8. Waindigo_JoinUserGroup_ControllerAdmin_JoinableUserGroup->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in [MY ROOT]/forum/admin.php at line 13

I have the same problem.

Also, the user group description needs a length limit it seems, I got this error when I typed in a rather long description:

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column 'description' at row 1

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 632
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1607
  5. XenForo_DataWriter->_update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1576
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1381
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in Waindigo/JoinUserGroup/ControllerAdmin/JoinableUserGroup.php at line 66
  8. Waindigo_JoinUserGroup_ControllerAdmin_JoinableUserGroup->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in [MY ROOT]/forum/admin.php at line 13
The description field is as long as it is in vBulletin. Waindigo should be able to bump the length up to... 16777215. :D (although yes, when I coded that bit I forgot to set a limit)

A couple of other weird things I see after having upgraded to the most recent version:
  1. In the moderation queue I now suddenly see join requests to a user group for which I'm not personally set as the "join moderator". And no, the "Joinable User Groups" settings for that user group does not have the "Moderate this user group's join requests" setting checked.
  2. A few apparently old join request have re-appeared. (Some of them are a bit suspicious as they are from ladies requesting to join my "Men's Health Issues" user group ...!)
  3. Clicking a direct link I had saved from before for joining user groups: I get a list of user groups to join, but under each one it says: "(You have insufficient permission to join user groups.)"

A couple of other weird things I see after having upgraded to the most recent version:
  1. In the moderation queue I now suddenly see join requests to a user group for which I'm not personally set as the "join moderator". And no, the "Joinable User Groups" settings for that user group does not have the "Moderate this user group's join requests" setting checked.
  2. A few apparently old join request have re-appeared. (Some of them are a bit suspicious as they are from ladies requesting to join my "Men's Health Issues" user group ...!)
  3. Clicking a direct link I had saved from before for joining user groups: I get a list of user groups to join, but under each one it says: "(You have insufficient permission to join user groups.)"
1. Not sure why this is happening. Could be a bug I slipped in, but I'll just let Waindigo handle this one.
2. An old version of the addon may not have cleared the moderation queue correctly. Discarding them should solve the issue.
3. The link of joining a user group has changed - link your visitors to http://forum.veggieviews.com/account/join-user-groups. As for permissions, make sure the Registered user group has the Can join user group permission.

Last edited:
I think the link is back after i set the permissions! At least i can see it when the responsive add-on kicks in, haven't tested on a computer yet.

Bug: If you set a user group as joinable, then a user joins this user group successfully then you unset the user group's joinable option, the user will see ghost user group entries in the Join User Group menu.

Not sure if @Waindigo is busy or else I will fix it.

One more issue. In previous version moderator was able to see all users in group and remove users as well. Right now there is no such option or I can't find it.

I don't remember this feature.
When you clicked the Join User Group link, if you were a "join moderator" then there would be a list under the particular user group of all its users + (I think) everyone who had requested to join, but were not yet approved. A checkbox next to the names would indicate who were already approved.

When you clicked the Join User Group link, if you were a "join moderator" then there would be a list under the particular user group of all its users + (I think) everyone who had requested to join, but were not yet approved. A checkbox next to the names would indicate who were already approved.
I can add that back in the next version later on.

Hi Waindigo, the mod is working fine but I am wondering how to make your advertisement down the bottom display as per Jaxel's does, see my website: http://www.hackslashrepeat.com/
Details of how to move, hide and remove the copyright notice can be found here:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/copyright-notice-by-waindigo.892/

There is not currently an option that displays it exactly like that, but if you would like to remove the copyright and then make a template edit to that effect, that should be fine. Please PM me for approval if you make such an adjustment or require any further assistance.

So, what exactly is going on here? Has someone forked the add-on, or are they submitting buggy code that Jon is including?

More specifically, is the buggy/broken code included in the 1.1.0a release?

So, what exactly is going on here? Has someone forked the add-on, or are they submitting buggy code that Jon is including?

More specifically, is the buggy/broken code included in the 1.1.0a release?
There are no buggy code included in 1.1.0a. All code are hand-tested by me and Jon separately. This is simply a feature that is missing in this release (honestly, I wasn't aware of its existence until somebody mentioned it)

Top Bottom