[TH] Join User Group [Deleted]

This looks like some sort of permission issue with your XenForo installation, nothing to do with this add-on. I suggest opening a ticket with XenForo support or posting in the general support forum.

Thanks mate, Found out that some files were corrupted when I uploaded it via FTP. Sorry for bothering you.

Is it possible to add a way for all staff to be able to approve certain usergroup joins, and redesign the current layout so it's more vBulletin-like? I can contribute code if needed.

Is it possible to add a way for all staff to be able to approve certain usergroup joins, and redesign the current layout so it's more vBulletin-like? I can contribute code if needed.
Everything is possible. If you have code to contribute I'm more than happy to look over it and add it to the core.

I'm not familiar with how vbulletin does it as I never really used it.

Everything is possible. If you have code to contribute I'm more than happy to look over it and add it to the core.

I'm not familiar with how vbulletin does it as I never really used it.

One thing before I start - can super moderators handle all join requests by default?

One thing before I start - can super moderators handle all join requests by default?
As far as I remember, yes... although, if I remember correctly, a user group will not be moderated unless it has at least one non-super moderator assigned to it. I haven't used this add-on in quite some time though, so maybe someone who uses it can confirm.

As far as I remember, yes... although, if I remember correctly, a user group will not be moderated unless it has at least one non-super moderator assigned to it. I haven't used this add-on in quite some time though, so maybe someone who uses it can confirm.

This is the behaviour right now so I'm planning to add an extra field.

Very nice, seems like exactly what I need. Cant wait to try this out.

---
Update:
Ok just installed and did a quick overview of how it works.... WOW, its magic!

Last edited:
Wow, Nice!!

I was just about to suggest if it would be possible to add a feature to allow applying users to include a descriptions of why they are applying.... but i think this does the trick "Ability for users to add a reason why they wish to join a user group." :)
The new additions to this addon are highly modeled after vB's Usergroup Management. If you see anything missing do bring them up so I can add it. :)

The new additions to this addon are highly modeled after vB's Usergroup Management. If you see anything missing do bring them up so I can add it. :)

It's actually funny because I never used this functionality while running Vb but figured out a good use for it as soon as upgraded (converted to Xenforo).

Last edited:
Getting this error when attempting to uninstall 1.0.9:

Undefined index: addon_id

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Waindigo/Install/20130606.php at line 846
  2. Waindigo_Install->_deleteContentTypes() in Waindigo/Install/20130606.php at line 230
  3. Waindigo_Install->_uninstall() in Waindigo/JoinUserGroup/Install.php at line 55
  4. Waindigo_JoinUserGroup_Install::uninstall()
  5. call_user_func() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 193
  6. XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in AddOnInstaller/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 10
  7. AddOnInstaller_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1738
  8. XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 116
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
  10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/nope/public_html/forums/admin.php at line 13

Hi Waindigo, the Join User Group menu choice when you click your username (top right) seems to have disappeared, has this been relocated to somewhere else?
It was there when I tested it yesterday. Perhaps there is a conflict with another add-on. I will look into it.

Top Bottom