[TH] Join User Group [Deleted]

Any update/ETA on fixing the "Action: Delete" bug? The manual work around is very cumbersome when dealing with large requests. IMO this is a core feature of this add-on too.

Working just fine otherwise. Thanks!

This has already been fixed and I will release to the community shortly.

Found another glitch: Under the ACP > Edit User, when you manually add a user to a group that's also a joinable one. Checking the group under "Secondary User Groups" will not automatically set it under "Joinable User Groups," however if you check the group under "Joinable User Groups" it will set it under "Secondary User Groups" upon submitting the edits.

Related to this, I also noticed that if you manually add under "Secondary User Groups" and they're in the Moderation Queue they'll remain in the queue as a result. I'm guessing this would mean someone could request to join the group if they're already a member of the group; if set manually under "Secondary User Groups."

I'm not sure how this impacts accessibility to the group, or if it matters, but it would be nice if checking it either way was consistent and clear the member from the queue if done manually via the ACP; either way.

Thanks.

Thanks for your suggestion. As far as I rememember, the Join User Group system works in exactly the same way as the User Group Promotions tool and the User Upgrades tool. As such, there is a deliberate distinction between user group upgrades that are automated (or in this case, requested by the user) and user group upgrades that are set by the administrator. The latter can only be un-done by the administrator.

What you are asking for is slightly more complicated because, for example, a Secondary User Group may be set using the User Group Upgrades tool, which is set to expire on a certain date. Under the current system, if the same user group was also a Joinable User Group, a user could request to join this group before their User Group Upgrade expired.

However, if this is something that you are very keen to add and you are able to contribute to its development, then please send me a message and we can discuss what I can do.

What are some practical uses for this addon ?

We use it to allow users to moderate membership in their own subforums. Something like a private club subforum or a guild subforum, etc. Users can ask to join those groups, and other users (usergroup moderators) can approve/deny those requests and even remove someone from the group at a later time.

In that sense, we're just using the usergroup as a proxy for node permissions.

You can also use it to allow (semi-privileged) users to grant and revoke any other usergroup-based permission.

jug-scr-3-jpg.25254

So the only way to find out about User Groups that are joinable is to look in the area depicted above ?

What are some practical uses for this addon ?

I use it to allow members to close their account. I get tired of members insisting I close their account in a big huff so now they can just do it themselves. I made a new usergroup w/o no access to anything & set the user styling to change their title to closed.

I edited some phrases & a template so it looks like this. since it's moderated, it gives uses a chance to calm down & change their mind.

PS - of course it's not good enough for some who want all their posts removed from the site but we don't give people that option.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.webp
    Screenshot_2.webp
    2.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_3.webp
    Screenshot_3.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 44
I use it to allow members to close their account. I get tired of members insisting I close their account in a big huff so now they can just do it themselves. I made a new usergroup w/o no access to anything & set the user styling to change their title to closed.

I edited some phrases & a template so it looks like this. since it's moderated, it gives uses a chance to calm down & change their mind.

PS - of course it's not good enough for some who want all their posts removed from the site but we don't give people that option.

Mutt, that's a good idea. I hadn't thought of that.

Is that something that you can share (as far as the phrases/templates you edited) as a resource?

I believe all I did was edited phrase waindigo_join_user_groups_join_user_group to "Close Account". this changed it in the user drop down & on the USC sidebar.

and edit template waindigo_account_join_user_group
my version of the template is attached. you'd have to do a compare to see what's all changed but basically I just added my wording to it & removed the addon's default wording.

then I made a new usergroup "Closed" and set the permissions to never across the board. I set the display styling very high & gave it a custom title "Closed by User".

then I went into the addon seeting & made that the only joinable usergroup.

word of warning - if you have more than 1 joinable group this wouldn't really work right. it just worked for my situation.

Attachments

This addon solved two issues I had. First, we have a NSFW forum and I hated that threads showed up in What's New searches. Also, with Google's terms, it was a real pain to have to exclude the forum from advertising every time I updated the software.

I also have a lot of silly threads on my board that we call "thread games". You know the type. "Say something about the next poster" kind of stuff. A LOT of my users hated that stuff in their What's New.

So I created 2 new groups - NSFW Viewer and Thread Games. The NSFW Viewer is OFF by default and the Thread Games is ON by default so that if they want to see boobs they have to opt IN but if they hate the thread games they can opt OUT.

1 addon. 2 birds, 1 stone.

I've installed this addon twice and I've gotten the same error, twice.

Code:
Mysqli prepare error: Table 'layeredx_xenforo.xf_moderation_queue_joinable_user_group' doesn't exist

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 808
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchPairs() in Waindigo/JoinUserGroup/Model/JoinableUserGroup.php at line 149
Waindigo_JoinUserGroup_Model_JoinableUserGroup->getModerationQueueByUserId() in Waindigo/JoinUserGroup/ControllerPublic/Account.php at line 27
Waindigo_JoinUserGroup_ControllerPublic_Account->actionJoinUserGroups() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/layeredx/public_html/domains/mmomore.com/index.php at line 13

I get this when navigating to index.php?account/join-user-groups

It tells me that the table isn't in the database, and upon looking, it's not. Like I said, I've installed this twice and have gotten this addon twice, so it's probably user-error. But anyone have any idea why it's not executing the proper SQL?

I use user groups as away to control joinable forums, both public and private. For every user group I setup a forum that's public or private (if the group is moderated). I have all that working and it works great. However, it's a bit of a pain to administrate. Everytime someone wants a new user group I have to setup the group, setup the forums, and set all the permissions.

That being said, requesting to join groups is not the most user friendly and that's what I'd like worked on.

Here's what I'd like added:

1) A "Groups" tab to handle the Administration of User Groups.
- Be able to filter by category of group
- Sort by A-Z by default
- Have a short description for each group
- Show status (leave group, join group, request pending).
- Alerts sent when rejected/accepted to a group

Thanks.

JT (slowreflex)

OK .... I'm puzzled.....

I installed this and really could not figure out how to work it. I want it so my already existing using group, Mods can be join-able and needs staff approval before they are accepted.

I thought I had this set up correctly, but imagine my surprise when someone was promoted into a MOD without being approved. So I turned it off and figured I'd set this up again when I was less busy....

Trying to set it up now, but any time you click "Join User Group" (on the user end) .... I've given...

The requested page could not be found.
:confused:

Top Bottom