[TH] Install and Upgrade [Deleted]

Cannot upgrade Xenforo. Keep getting the error "incorrect password". Any idea?

Edit: Double checked the password and even reset it. Same result.

Cannot upgrade Xenforo. Keep getting the error "incorrect password". Any idea?

Edit: Double checked the password and even reset it. Same result.
If your password for the forums and the customer area are not the same, you will get a password error basically every time. You will have to put in the right username and password:
  • For upgrading XenForo, use the customer area login and password
  • For updating add-ons, use your login for the XenForo forums

I seem to be getting "No resource can be found at the specified URL." regardless of which add-on I try to upgrade. What is going on?

FYI, but I've started the very initial work for Add-on Install & Upgrade for XF2 as an open source project if you are interested in contributing. I haven't done much beyond copying across the basic options and some rough skeleton work

I've actually already started on ours as well, probably was going to open source anyway. Will shoot you a PM later about some of the ideas I had :)

Last edited:
Honestly it probably makes more sense that collaborate on some level, I think our main goal is just easy install for people. Doesn't really make sense to have two or three solutions, just one really good one. Appreciate that offer Xon I think it's a great idea.

Just haven't had the time to work on it. An add-on installer add-on is still on my list purely due to the number of add-ons I need to install on my own sites when migrating them to XF2.

Top Bottom