[TH] Install and Upgrade [Deleted]

This addon never fully installs addons and just stops installing at "rebuilding prefix".

Had to enable debug mode and uninstall it.

I haven't had this issue. The whole rebuilding process is handled entirely by XenForo, so I really don't see a way this add-on would interfere with that. Did you try to rebuild master data? On your admin index does it say there were rebuild processes that didn't finish?

I haven't had this issue. The whole rebuilding process is handled entirely by XenForo, so I really don't see a way this add-on would interfere with that. Did you try to rebuild master data? On your admin index does it say there were rebuild processes that didn't finish?

It seems to mess with the rebuilding system because once I took it off, it installed things all the way through instead of stopping at 'rebuilding phrases' part.

I tried rebuilding the master data and it still didn't work and the admin index didn't show up with any incomplete installs when I had that addon on.

Yeah, I agree, this install upgrade has gone down the toilet. Everything I install usually meets an error of some sort.

Yeah, I agree, this install upgrade has gone down the toilet. Everything I install usually meets an error of some sort.

What errors have you gotten? Is it when you use a URL from the XF resource manager, or when you upload a zip? If you can get us some details on the issue instead of just saying that it doesn't work we can likely find a solution to the issue. I've installed many add-ons using this with no issues, so any details you could provide would be helpful

When I attempt to upload and install or upgrade by uploading it takes me to a 500 error, seems to be something to do with the URL filter/process/route of the install/update script. I installed the addon mouth linked above, and as he stated, it's working without any issues.

I don't have time for trouble shooting at the moment, but I can tell you that the normal install takes me from url... mydomain.tld..../install-upgrade where yours appears to be firing from mydomain.tld.../install ...if that helps? I assume it's something to do with URLs seeing as previous updates with TH have had me unpacking and uploading thru FM, while some of my attempts permitted a successful install from the install/upgrade in ACP, but only a few, most resulted in a 500 error.

Does anyone have instructions to fix this permissions error that wants my FTP information? I'm running XF on a dedicated server, so I'm not really sure what the error is to start tackling it.

Does anyone have instructions to fix this permissions error that wants my FTP information? I'm running XF on a dedicated server, so I'm not really sure what the error is to start tackling it.

You're getting that because Apache does not have write permissions for the directory. You'll need to either enter your FTP details, or setup your server to use something like SuPHP So apache will have the necessary permissions (assuming you're using Apache)

This is the error I'm receiving:

Server Error
ftp_login() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. ftp_login() in ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/Model/InstallUpgrade.php at line 292
  3. ThemeHouse_InstallUpgrade_Model_InstallUpgrade->_getFtp() in ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/Model/InstallUpgrade.php at line 257
  4. ThemeHouse_InstallUpgrade_Model_InstallUpgrade->_copy() in ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/Model/InstallUpgrade.php at line 239
  5. ThemeHouse_InstallUpgrade_Model_InstallUpgrade->_copyRecursively() in ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/Model/InstallUpgrade.php at line 87
  6. ThemeHouse_InstallUpgrade_Model_InstallUpgrade->_extractFromArchive() in ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/Model/InstallUpgrade.php at line 23
  7. ThemeHouse_InstallUpgrade_Model_InstallUpgrade->extractFromFile() in ThemeHouse/InstallUpgrade/ControllerAdmin/Upgrade.php at line 107
  8. ThemeHouse_InstallUpgrade_ControllerAdmin_Upgrade->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/MYSITE/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Just a wild guess but I think you need to configure your FTP in ACP > Options > FTP Login Details. This allows zip files to be extracted by FTP.

Jake will probably know for sure though.

You don't have to setup FTP options, only if Apache/Nginx doesn't have permissions to write in XenForo's directories. That error looks like you've configured FTP, but with incorrect options

When I try to upgrade addons via URL, I get this message:

Error
Please enter a valid file name. The requested file could not be read.

All of them. I've had our host check the logs for errors and nothing is popping up. We really need some assistance/direction.

All of them. I've had our host check the logs for errors and nothing is popping up. We really need some assistance/direction.

I've just tested it on a couple random add-ons from the XF resource manager and it seemed to work fine, could you send me a PM with admin and FTP details so I can debug the issue? Sounds like it may be related to a specific server configuration

@Jon W any chance of adding FTP explicit SSL/TLS support (ftp_ssl_connect) as well http://php.net/manual/en/function.ftp-ssl-connect.php ? Outlined the problem at https://community.centminmod.com/th...aindigo-xenforo-addon-ftp-login-details.2869/

with addon's ftp_connect, and where FTP is setup only over SSL/TLS (requires ftp_ssl_connect), you will get the error message = Sorry, cleartext sessions are not accepted on this server
any updates for FTP explicit SSL/TLS support (ftp_ssl_connect) support ?

Top Bottom