[TH] Import Tools [Deleted]

Not sure what I did wrong, I followed the video. But getting this error on attachment import
Code:
Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '35' for key 'PRIMARY'

[LIST=1]
[*]Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
[*]Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
[*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
[*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1624
[*]XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1613
[*]XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1405
[*]XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 1890
[*]XenForo_Model_Import->importAttachment() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 1936
[*]XenForo_Model_Import->importPostAttachment() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin4x.php at line 114
[*]XenForo_Importer_vBulletin4x->stepAttachments() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 97
[*]XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 187
[*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 239
[*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 182
[*]XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
[*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
[*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /xxxx/xxxx/public_html/admin.php at line 13
[/LIST]

I am importing a vB 4.2 forum to XF 1.4. I have followed the best practices instructions, I have saved the import log and I'm also using the Import Tools by Waindigo addon.

The 1st import works fine. Everything gets imported and I skipped nothing.
Then sometime later, I go to do a second import to pick anything new from the live vB forum. I check 'Retain imported content IDs', put in all the config data, click validate, and before it gets to the page with all the import steps it says "Processing... Deleting... Threads" which takes some time.
(Nothing had been deleted from the vB forum between the 1st and 2nd import.)
Then it goes to the page with the import steps. Then I load the archived import log and proceed through all the steps.

The result is that while new posts have been imported several forums have been deleted that were present after the 1st import.
The deleted forums where id=1 in vB which was a Category and all it's Child forums.

Why are some forums deleted?
Should I not check the 'Retain imported content IDs' on subsequent imports?

@Ocean44 the same happened to me. It started deleting threads even though no threads have been deleted from the (still) live vb4 forums.
I chose to ignore this since I'm still testing and the rest went fine except for PMs. I could not re-import PMs, it threw the exact same error as @CountRock described above. I'm testing this on XF 1.4.1

As this is quite an advanced tool and is likely to require significant modifications, we would require contributions in order to fix these bugs. Please do drop me a PM if you'd be interested in contributing to this or would like us to assist you with your import.

Hi Jon, I'm trying to use this tool to attempt a partial import from XF to XF, and bring over new threads / posts / users.

The initial import done kept ID's, however, when I do another import using this tool, it's not bringing in the new threads / posts, but it is bringing in the users / PCs.

Is there something I'm missing as part of the import?

i was about to say the same, this is a awesome add on as xf isnt easy to do stuff with but a delete at the end of the skip/undo would be awesome, you could effectively delete the main ones like you say users, posts, threads and without even skipping or finishing import re import any of them, but awesome kit and a absolute must, also thanx matt for putting me onto this(y)(y)

also if you made it a paid resource say $20 im sure people wont moan then that helps with any further updates

after trying to do a import straight to xmapp i get a error when i try to skip to the next process, anyone else get this

Top Bottom