[TH] Image Optimizer [Deleted]

Please add image upload to remote host support via FTP or etc..

This plugin is great but most of us don't have attachment storage in the same forum server, so need to host them on a remote server and embed/link them in the thread

Something like that is likely out of scope for what this add-on is meant to provide. This add-on does, however, fully use XenForo's attachment system so it should support any file stores you may use. XF2 does use Flysystem, so from my understanding it should easily (or at least relatively easily) support any file store supported by Flysystem. This thread has a bit more information :)

Can this be used to compress all existing image attachments. And does this also work with the xenGallery (2.0)?

Yep! Under Tools -> Rebuild Caches there is a process to go through existing attachments, and it'll work with any system that uses Attachments (including XF Resource Manager and XF Media Gallery) :)

Yep! Under Tools -> Rebuild Caches there is a process to go through existing attachments, and it'll work with any system that uses Attachments (including XF Resource Manager and XF Media Gallery) :)
Awesome, thank you. Is buying your add-on all that is needed. I saw something about needing a subscription to another service?

I'm trying to buy this addon from your website, but I just get the message "you need to be logged in" when I try to click checkout... And yes, I did create an account & am logged in.

With all the open source image optimizing solutions out there I'm curious why you went with a paid service...

I guess $5 a month is reasonable for 500MB but they don't cap you at that, they charge you an addition $5.00 per GB if you go over.

Also, if you have an large existing number of attachments, 500MB a month isn't very helpful.

Awesome, thanks!

One thing I don't understand.. This isn't really the addons "fault", but more on kraken. I still get "you need to optimize your images" whenever I do the gtmetrix speed test, getting an grade F there.. Isn't kraken optimization good enough?

Kraken's optimization should be fine, what images specifically is it complaining about? Could be images within your style rather than images in your posts/media gallery

I don't think we ended up using that JS file so it was removed, must've been left getting loaded in the template modification though -- have made an issue for it, safe to ignore for now :)

Top Bottom