[TH] Ignore New Posts [Deleted]

Not sure if this mod does this yet or not, but if not, the only thing it's missing is being able to prevent a forum from being ignored per usergroup. Basically, I don't want people excluding my Announcements forum, or staff members excluding the staff forums, etc.

Gonna give it a shot though and see. =) Nice work regardless though!

Ok, doesn't look like it supports per usergroup excludes, can't use it myself (yet?). =) Anyway, good stuff though, hopefully it's extended in the future. =)

Also, found a "bug". In the nodelist displayed in the user profile section, it's displaying nodes that are marked as "Do not display in nodelist". I think this mod should check for that as well. The reason in my case is that I have some nodes built out for the navigation bar that I don't show to users. In this mod, those are visible to them and I don't want them messing with it at all.

Great mod! Thanks a lot!

Two suggestions:
  • Add an extra line of (small)text to describe what this setting does. (in the user preferences)
  • Add a select all/none to the checkboxes (in admincp)

Ignoring entire categories would be a very nice addition, they do show up in the node list but are grayed out for selection.

Thanks for your suggestion. It is actually by design that this is not possible. This is because nodes might be moved, new ones may be created, etc., which could potentially have all sorts of strange effects.

However, it could be an option that a "select all" link could appear next to a category node which would check all the relevant boxes. I would be happy to implement this if someone is prepared to contribute to the development. Please message me if you are interested.

It would be great, if sub-nodes als also ignored. I have several Forums with plenty subforums, who it only makes sense, if you can select the parent.

Just to check, is the ability to block certain forums for being ignored present yet?

It would be great, if sub-nodes als also ignored. I have several Forums with plenty subforums, who it only makes sense, if you can select the parent.
This is slightly more complicated than what you are proposing as it raises a number of issues that would need to be addressed and it might be that different users would want this to be addressed in different ways. For example:
  • What happens when you move a forum that is a sub-forum of a forum that is selected? Does it stop being selected?
  • What if a user only wants to select the parent forum and not all of the sub-forums?
  • What happens when you add a new sub-forum to a forum that is selected?
Just addressing these problems is a massive headache and would therefore cost a lot of money to develop. If you are happy to pay for this and would like to discuss further, please contact me privately.
Just to check, is the ability to block certain forums for being ignored present yet?
Yes, this is possible.

Reactions: Rob
This is slightly more complicated than what you are proposing as it raises a number of issues that would need to be addressed and it might be that different users would want this to be addressed in different ways. For example:
  • What happens when you move a forum that is a sub-forum of a forum that is selected? Does it stop being selected?
if a Forum is selected via parent, and you move it to another location, it takes over the state from the new Parent. Inherited rights. Normal behavior.
The Forum-rights works also on this way.
  • What if a user only wants to select the parent forum and not all of the sub-forums?
He must click all other, but not the one.
  • What happens when you add a new sub-forum to a forum that is selected?
It gets inherited the status form the parent.
Just addressing these problems is a massive headache and would therefore cost a lot of money to develop. If you are happy to pay for this and would like to discuss further, please contact me privately.

It should be the same bahavior like the forum rights.

Inherit the System.

But I will make an own workaround with a small JavaScript with that the user can select all Subforums from the category. I send it to you, it it's done, so you can publish it with a next release it you want.

Top Bottom