[TH] Ignore New Posts [Deleted]

Just to clarify - if we're doing a forum upgrade to XF 1.2 - do we remove this add-on before the upgrade, or simply upload & upgrade the add-on after the XF upgrade?

I'd rather retain everyone's exclusions if possible. (y)

Just to clarify - if we're doing a forum upgrade to XF 1.2 - do we remove this add-on before the upgrade, or simply upload & upgrade the add-on after the XF upgrade?

I'd rather retain everyone's exclusions if possible. (y)
Should be fine either way.

If you want to be extra sure, the best way is to update install the add-on before upgrade AND then update it again after the upgrade. Updating after the upgrade is the only way to make absolutely sure that any 1.2-specific features/enhancements are installed.

Edit: just to clarify, installing this add-on will copy the exclusions from the existing add-on and then uninstall that add-on.

On my install I noticed the parent category checkboxes don't check. Only the forums. Wouldn't you want the master category, if checked, to check off all the child forums in the tree? Excellent add on btw. If you didn't make this I'd have to bail on xenforo. It is absolutely necessary for what I need to do.

On my install I noticed the parent category checkboxes don't check. Only the forums. Wouldn't you want the master category, if checked, to check off all the child forums in the tree? Excellent add on btw. If you didn't make this I'd have to bail on xenforo. It is absolutely necessary for what I need to do.
Thanks for your kind comments. I guess this is just a matter of taste. Happy to add this as an option if you are interested in contributing -- please PM me if you are.

I ran into a compatibility problem with another add-on. The method

Code:
Waindigo_IgnoreNewPosts_Extend_XenForo_Model_Thread::getUnreadThreadIds($userId, array $fetchOptions = Array, $watchedOnly = false, array $conditions = Array)
seems to be incompatible with XenForo's method
Code:
XenForo_Model_Thread::getUnreadThreadIds($userId, array $fetchOptions = array(), $watchedOnly = false)
which the other add-on extends using the same parameters as XenForo.

The error:
Code:
ErrorException: Declaration of XenCentral_MultiSite_Model_XenForo_Thread::getUnreadThreadIds() should be compatible with Waindigo_IgnoreNewPosts_Extend_XenForo_Model_Thread::getUnreadThreadIds($userId, array $fetchOptions = Array, $watchedOnly = false, array $conditions = Array) - library/XenCentral/MultiSite/Model/XenForo/Thread.php:13

I ran into a compatibility problem with another add-on. The method

Code:
Waindigo_IgnoreNewPosts_Extend_XenForo_Model_Thread::getUnreadThreadIds($userId, array $fetchOptions = Array, $watchedOnly = false, array $conditions = Array)
seems to be incompatible with XenForo's method
Code:
XenForo_Model_Thread::getUnreadThreadIds($userId, array $fetchOptions = array(), $watchedOnly = false)
which the other add-on extends using the same parameters as XenForo.

The error:
Code:
ErrorException: Declaration of XenCentral_MultiSite_Model_XenForo_Thread::getUnreadThreadIds() should be compatible with Waindigo_IgnoreNewPosts_Extend_XenForo_Model_Thread::getUnreadThreadIds($userId, array $fetchOptions = Array, $watchedOnly = false, array $conditions = Array) - library/XenCentral/MultiSite/Model/XenForo/Thread.php:13
I've sent you a PM.

I think this add on is hugely overlooked and underestimated. I think it just needs direction and willing contributors (I include myself).

Here is what I think it needs to really make it a must have mod:
  1. Expansion to also work with 'recent activity'. So new threads and posts in excluded areas are also omitted from recent activity.
  2. Admin defined presets which can be given a title and then allow users to choose a preset which auto populates the relevant selections.
  3. User preference page UI should support parent node selection which auto- ticks any selectable children.
I think these modifications would give very useful flexibility to other boards and I'm happy to contribute if not alone.

Last edited:
waindigo_account_wrapper_sidebar_ignorenewposts

{xen:if "{$selectedKey} == 'account/ignoreNewPostswhatsNew'", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}" ...

@Rob I would also contribute for mentioned features.

And I would like compatibility with famous Addon Unread Post Count. At the moment the count on Unread Post Count includes all forums, but it should not count the ignored forums by this addon.

@KiF what do you mean with your post?

Bug Ignored Forums get unchecked after a while
In xf 1.1.3-1.1.4 and now xf 1.2.4 the bug is still present: i set the checks for ignored forums. after 1-2 days, they are again all unchecked. does anyone have the same issue? the only reason i can think is an other "evil" addon on my installation.

Last edited:
No-one has contributed, so there is no update.

I feel bad about this as I would normally contribute even when using a free mod. However right now I am having to spend a huge amount of cash in getting my forum changed from VB to XF. So once I have reach a better stage in doing this I would most likely give a donation. For the most part this one seems to do what I need right now but any improvement is always cool.

@Kartus There is a bug in waindigo_account_wrapper_sidebar_ignorenewposts template.
Instead of "ignoreNewPosts" should be "whatsNew":
{xen:if "{$selectedKey} == 'account/ignoreNewPostswhatsNew'", 'secondaryContent', 'primaryContent'}" ...

Top Bottom