[TH] Hide Online Users [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Hide Online Users by Waindigo - Hides all online user information from members who choose not to reveal their own online status.

Description:
This add-on hides all online user information from members who choose not to reveal their own online status. This includes:
  • hiding online users block from forum home page (except online staff);
  • hiding online information from member cards;
  • hiding online information from member profiles;
  • returning a no...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
returning a no permission error if the user visits the online users page.

Is it possible to make this a custom error? I would like to tell the user *why* he has no permission.

Then these add-ons are complimentary, as I don't think this add-on hides the online list from guests.

Then these add-ons are complimentary, as I don't think this add-on hides the online list from guests.
So you mean this addon hides members who have put themselves in invisible mode, from the online list, but members who are not on invisible would still show to other members? IT also hides invisible members from showing up online on their member card and profile page but it does not affect it for members who are not on invisible?

The list of online users shows all members who are online and who have not put themselves in invisible mode. This add-on makes this list only visible to those users who have not put themselves in invisible mode. So you can only view others who are online if you let others see if you are online. Tit for tat.

The same applies for member cards and profile pages etc.

This is entirely different to what your add-on does, which is to hide certain pages from guests.

This add-on makes this list only visible to those users who have not put themselves in invisible mode. So you can only view others who are online if you let others see if you are online. Tit for tat. The same applies for member cards and profile pages etc.
Xenforo does that by default. I just checked.

I'm pretty sure if I'm in invisible mode I can still see a list of all the online users. What this add-on apparently does is (if I am in invisible mode) is NOT allow me to see the online users.

EDIT: and I just checked... I put myself in invisible mode and could still see all the users here (my name color changed to a lighter blue than other users). What this would do is keep me from seeing the (current) other 40 listed users.

Just what @Waindigo said - it keeps those that want to keep themselves from being seen by others as being online from seeing those that ARE online. Kind of a gotcha - you don't want to be seen by others then you don't need to see the others that ARE online.

Reactions: DRE
Just what @Waindigo said - it keeps those that want to keep themselves from being seen by others as being online from seeing those that ARE online. Kind of a gotcha - you don't want to be seen by others then you don't need to see the others that ARE online.
That's dope.

*downloads*

Just to clarify, the features of this add-on are still not in the core as far as I am aware.

Top Bottom