1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unmaintained [TH] Hide Online Users by Themehouse 1.0.1

Hides all online user information from members who choose not to reveal their own online status.

1. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Hide Online Users by Waindigo - Hides all online user information from members who choose not to reveal their own online status.

Read more about this resource...

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  2. bart

bart Active Member

Is it possible to make this a custom error? I would like to tell the user *why* he has no permission.

3. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

4. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

5. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Your add-on hides the members list from guests.

This add-on hides the online users list (different page) from members who are not visible.

The online users list is this page:
    http://xenforo.com/community/online/

6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

That addon by ragtek also hides the online list.

7. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Then these add-ons are complimentary, as I don't think this add-on hides the online list from guests.

8. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

So you mean this addon hides members who have put themselves in invisible mode, from the online list, but members who are not on invisible would still show to other members? IT also hides invisible members from showing up online on their member card and profile page but it does not affect it for members who are not on invisible?

9. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

The list of online users shows all members who are online and who have not put themselves in invisible mode. This add-on makes this list only visible to those users who have not put themselves in invisible mode. So you can only view others who are online if you let others see if you are online. Tit for tat.

The same applies for member cards and profile pages etc.

This is entirely different to what your add-on does, which is to hide certain pages from guests.

10. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Xenforo does that by default. I just checked.

11. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure if I'm in invisible mode I can still see a list of all the online users. What this add-on apparently does is (if I am in invisible mode) is NOT allow me to see the online users.

EDIT: and I just checked... I put myself in invisible mode and could still see all the users here (my name color changed to a lighter blue than other users). What this would do is keep me from seeing the (current) other 40 listed users.

12. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

oh ok

13. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Just what @Waindigo said - it keeps those that want to keep themselves from being seen by others as being online from seeing those that ARE online. Kind of a gotcha - you don't want to be seen by others then you don't need to see the others that ARE online.

DRE likes this.
  14. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

That's dope.

*downloads*

Jon W likes this.
  15. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

This is like Facebook.

16. XxUnkn0wnxX

XxUnkn0wnxX Active Member

this add one is now no longer useful due to xenforo 1.3.4 update as it is now built into the core

17. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, the features of this add-on are still not in the core as far as I am aware.