[TH] Guests First Post Only [Deleted]

Jon W

Nice one. Will be checking this out :)

I'm predicting the first custom request will want the ability to turn this on/off per node :)

How does this block the rest of the posts? I've seen some sites put a semi-transparent overlay over the rest of the posts to entice people that there is juicy content underneath. They can see blurry lines of text, can't really read it but know there's something under there.

Also would be good to allow Google spiders in for Google First Click Free access so you don't lose the SEO benefits of the site.

Reactions: Rob
How does this block the rest of the posts? I've seen some sites put a semi-transparent overlay over the rest of the posts to entice people that there is juicy content underneath. They can see blurry lines of text, can't really read it but know there's something under there.
The other posts just don't appear at all.

Also would be good to allow Google spiders in for Google First Click Free access so you don't lose the SEO benefits of the site.
Do get in touch if you want to contribute to this.

@Waindigo:

PHP:
{$visitor.robotInfo}

That should be able to tell you if the currently visiting user is being identified as a robot in 1.2.

Quora use similar technique and they are rapidly growing but I am fearing the SEO as well. Right now my attachments are blocked and already seeing 2% drop in traffic but I am hoping registrations will compensate for that.

@Waindigo would it be possible at all please to make the notice larger that informs people to join to view the other posts? Its just very small at the moment. Sorry to be a pain.

@Waindigo would it be possible at all please to make the notice larger that informs people to join to view the other posts? Its just very small at the moment. Sorry to be a pain.
You can just edit this template:
waindigo_thread_view_form_before_guestsfirstpost
or add some CSS to your EXTRA.css file.

Top Bottom