[TH] Guests First Post Only [Deleted]

Can anyone post a screen show of how the rest of the thread looks to a guest?

2-png.53742

1-png.53741

now the error has reversed, it now ignores restrictions :(

aka set a group to see first post only in a node has no affect

now the error has reversed, it now ignores restrictions :(

aka set a group to see first post only in a node has no affect
I'm unable to replicate this. Are you sure you don't have it set to revoke or never somewhere? Might be worth checking with the new Analyze Permissions tool.

finally got around to checking this.

still can't seem to get it to work

So if i want to restrict a member group to first post only, which colour/permission do i use in node permissions?

no (gray) allow (green) revoke(yellow) never (red)

Analyze Permissions
Member: Allow
[Access] Support Team: Allow
Content Permission Values
RPG Settings - Member: Allow
RPG Settings - [Access] Support Team: Allow
Final Value (Content): No

finally got around to checking this.

still can't seem to get it to work

So if i want to restrict a member group to first post only, which colour/permission do i use in node permissions?

no (gray) allow (green) revoke(yellow) never (red)

Analyze Permissions
Member: Allow
[Access] Support Team: Allow
Content Permission Values
RPG Settings - Member: Allow
RPG Settings - [Access] Support Team: Allow
Final Value (Content): No
Can you PM me with access to your site? It is very difficult to see what you have done from your post.

Hi @Waindigo. Just installed the add-on, and ran into a problem. For some reason when I reply to a thread while logged-in, I get this error:

Снимок экрана 2013-09-09 в 19.02.54.webp
When I manually refresh the page, I am able to see the post I have submitted. Disabling all add-ons but this one yields the same result.

There are options in this add-on to make it so that some logged in users are restricted to first post only too. This shouldn't be enabled by default though, so I will check.

There are options in this add-on to make it so that some logged in users are restricted to first post only too. This shouldn't be enabled by default though, so I will check.
Are you talking about the 'Show first post only' permission? It is set to 'Not set (no)' for all user groups and nodes.

Even if guests see first post only, don't they see the rest of the posts in Recent Activity?

@Waindigo Feature request

would it be possible to define the number of posts a guest can view in a thread ??

i.e.. I'd like to limit the number of posts a guest can view to say 5 per thread... before they receive a prompt to register

Last edited:
Top Bottom