[TH] Google Calendar API [Deleted]

Jon W

Waindigo submitted a new resource:

Google Calendar API by Waindigo - Links XenForo with Google Calendar, syncing members' birthdays and more.

This add-on adds the ability to sync events on XenForo with your Google Calendar, including:
  • User's birthdays
  • Resource events (requires Resource Events by Waindigo)

This add-on requires you to have the Google API by Waindigo library installed.

To set up, you will need to have Google Integration set up on your site and...

Read more about this resource...

Great addon Jon!!

It works two way or only one way?
If items on the Google Calendar are modified what happen to Resource Events?

Thank you Jon, another question: is it possible to link different Google calendars to different event resource categories?

@Jon W

Do we need to have some type of calendar already installed on the forum and this add-on links to existing forum calendar to google calendar?

"Once your account is fully linked with Google, you will be able to set a default calendar for each content type listed and any future additions/changes/deletions to that content type will be synced to the selected calendar. To sync all existing content, go to":

How to set default calendar for each content type??

Sync'd and verified google account. But

upload_2015-2-17_19-7-50.webp

Last edited:
Jon W updated Google Calendar API by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.2 released

New features:
  • Added new 'Edit default Google calendars' permission, allowing specified users to select their own default Google calendars from the front end and have their events posted to their own Google calendar instead.
  • Added friendly error message for "refresh token" error when setting up Google account authentication.
  • Updated dependencies to require Google API by Waindigo version...

Read the rest of this update entry...

How does this work? Where do you find the calendar?

I have installed both Google API and this and then entered username authenticated with Google.
When I go to applications, google Calendar... I get Error.

upload_2015-3-14_11-59-25.webp

Jon W updated Google Calendar API by Waindigo with a new update entry:

Version 1.0.3 released

Bug fixes:
  • Fixes bug that unable to select delete all events option without getting errors in cache rebuilder. Note that this option only deletes events in a primary calendar (a note to this effect has been added). For secondary calendars, calendars have to be manually deleted and then re-created and then re-linked in XenForo.
  • Fixes bug that cache rebuilder does not allow handlers to be extended, resulting in features from add-ons such as Repeat Events by Waindigo not...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Anyone able to install this add-on? any requirement such as waindiago calendar? I don't see any calendars...
Greatly appreciate the help!

I get this error on install:
Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'IGNORE TABLE `xf_user_profile` ADD `google_event_id_waindigo` TEXT, ADD `google_' at line 1

Top Bottom