[TH] Global Ignore [Deleted]

Are those posts on a forum that has threads/posts on moderation, or does that user belongs to a group whose posts are moderated?

Anyways, I have turned over all my add ons to @Mike Creuzer now. So they will be providing support from now on.

No, neither the usergroup nor the forum has any moderation on.

Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 8.40.29 AM.webp

Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 8.41.10 AM.webp

I just placed another test user into Coventry and same thing is happening. This is what the user sees:

Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 8.58.33 AM.webp

@wang or @Mike Creuzer : would appreciate some help diagnosing the issue. Thank you.

Last edited:
No, neither the usergroup nor the forum has any moderation on.

View attachment 145843

View attachment 145844

I just placed another test user into Coventry and same thing is happening. This is what the user sees:

View attachment 145845

@wang or @Mike Creuzer : would appreciate some help diagnosing the issue. Thank you.
@DGG sorry for delay we're just getting situated today a bit with the add-ons but will have a response for you as soon as possible. Apologies for the delay.

I would like this or something similar. However, I need both of these issues addressing as I dont want the posts seen in the mod queue and I dont want the user to detect something is up.

I've bought this and done a bit of testing. It works exactly as described. For this to be effective for my purposes Tachy needs to think everything is "normal"; as it is, he will smell a rat. When he posts, he will see that his post does not bump the thread, this will prompt him to look for his post. Then if he looks for his own "content" in his profile the posts are not there.

Those posts shouldn't go for moderation, only should be hidden from the public.

I would like this or something similar. However, I need both of these issues addressing as I dont want the posts seen in the mod queue and I dont want the user to detect something is up.

Can a second mod queue be created that is essentially limbo. Any user assigned to a designated group has his/her posts sent to this limbo mod queue. The user sees his/her posts, but no one else does (maybe the mods do), and the second mod queue is not visible to the mods.

I've noticed that if you put a user on ignore and then at some point you take them off ignore, they will see all the posts that were moderated as "waiting to be moderated" and thus will know something was up. It would be nice if when you took them off ignore that the moderated posts would still seem normal to them. I don't know if this is possible. But if not, you just have to approve/delete the moderated posts before you take them off of ignore.

We'd love to have "Coventry" back but unfortunately we make heavy use of our moderation queue, and this would just create one big mess out of it. I don't see it being of much use in its present state. The old vB version added the user to a global "ignore" status. While that was great for the occasional problem member, it also provided one other benefit--if we had a serious request from a user to remove all of their posts from the forum (such as for legal, regulatory or work-related reasons...we never do it for anyone on a whim), we could simply stick their account into Coventry and it'd be a done deal. If this add-on were tweaked somewhat to work more like the old TgtC, I'd buy it in an instant. :)

ThemeHouse updated [TH] Global Ignore with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.0 Released - Read before updating

New Features:
  • Ability to hide all posts by user
  • Ability to hide new posts by user
This add-on has been rebuilt from the ground up to improve usability and code quality

Note: Because this add-on was rebuilt there is an extra step required before you are able to upgrade to 1.1.0, though this should be a quick and easy step.

Upgrade Instructions:
  1. You will want to install [TH] Global Ignore as a new add-on rather than upgrading the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

If you are already running an existing version of the add-on, please be sure to read the release notes before attempting to upgrade

We installed it yesterday and things are working great except a few questions.

A user is on global ignore but they make a new thread and that thread seems to be visible by everyone. Any thread made by them is invisible if a user has directly put them on ignore like it normally would. The content of their post in the thread is empty and notifies the user they need to click show ignored content to see it but the thread itself is visible causing people to post in it.

Their user profile still shows all of their new posts which is unlike it would if a user was directly ignored. This might be unavoidable with how it interacts, just curious if that is a limitation or an oversight.

Top Bottom