[TH] Global Ignore [Deleted]

wang

wang submitted a new resource:

Tachy Goes to Coventry - Add troublesome users on a global ignore list.

About this add-on

This add-on is designed to place the troublesome users on a global ignore list. After they have been added on global ignore, all their posts and threads will go to the moderation queue, but they will appear as normal to them. They will not be able to see the moderated notice informing them that their posts and threads are in the moderation queue.

Ignore Duration

Users can be placed on global ignore indefinitely or for a certain period of time. Ignore...

Read more about this resource...

As I understand this addon, a post is made, and seen by only the poster, until approved by a moderator, then it's seen by everyone, correct? If deleted, does the post still seen by the poster?

The only problem I had with this was that other members would notice that all previous content from "Tachy" had disappeared. This would often be mentioned on the open forum and the game was up. Is that the same with this mod? To make it perfect it would only hide new posts made from the moment he's sent to Coventry, leaving his previous stuff public; but I guess that would be much harder to achieve.

The only problem I had with this was that other members would notice that all previous content from "Tachy" had disappeared. This would often be mentioned on the open forum and the game was up. Is that the same with this mod? To make it perfect it would only hide new posts made from the moment he's sent to Coventry, leaving his previous stuff public; but I guess that would be much harder to achieve.

It is not the same with this add on. Only the posts/threads made after the user has been added to the global ignore list will go to the moderation queue. Their previous posts/threads will not be affected at all.

Reactions: PXB
I've bought this and done a bit of testing. It works exactly as described. For this to be effective for my purposes Tachy needs to think everything is "normal"; as it is, he will smell a rat. When he posts, he will see that his post does not bump the thread, this will prompt him to look for his post. Then if he looks for his own "content" in his profile the posts are not there.

I wish it wouldn't fill up the mod queue, I want that to be for things that actually need moderating.

Hi Wang, having a an issue with the add-on and doesn't seem like it's working properly.

I placed someone on global ignore but when they make posts, they see the message: "post invisible to everyone until approved by a moderator". So they definitely are being notified that they're in some kind of moderation queue and their posts are being hidden.

Please advise. Thanks!

Hi Wang, having a an issue with the add-on and doesn't seem like it's working properly.

I placed someone on global ignore but when they make posts, they see the message: "post invisible to everyone until approved by a moderator". So they definitely are being notified that they're in some kind of moderation queue and their posts are being hidden.

Please advise. Thanks!

Are those posts on a forum that has threads/posts on moderation, or does that user belongs to a group whose posts are moderated?

Anyways, I have turned over all my add ons to @Mike Creuzer now. So they will be providing support from now on.

Top Bottom